Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to become part of a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you can use your skills while continuing to be challenged and learn? Then we encourage you to dive deeper into this opportunity.
We believe in career development and empowering our employees. Not only do we provide career coaches internally, but we offer many training opportunities to expand your knowledge base! We have highly competitive benefits with a variety HMO and PPO options. We have company 401k match along with an Employee Stock Purchase Program. We have tuition reimbursement, leadership development, and even start employees off with 16 days of paid time off plus holidays. We offer wellness courses and have highly engaged employee resource groups. Come join the Neo team and be part of our amazing World Class Culture!
NeoGenomics is looking for a Variant Scientist within our Molecular Laboratory who wants to continue to learn in order to allow our company to grow.
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you why you'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
NeoGenomics Laboratories is comprised of a national team of experts in developing and delivering laboratory diagnostic and clinical trial services with a focus in cancer. Together, we work to solve the medical, scientific, and logistical challenges of making precise diagnoses, aiding in bringing new therapies to market and finding the unusual hallmarks of each patient's disease that point the way to proper treatment.
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by improving patient care through the exceptional work you perform. Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference laboratory.
As a Variant Scientist, you will collaborate with multiple teams including bioinformatics, automation, clinical development and operations to help drive continual improvement in efficiency and effectiveness of QC methods. You should be familiar with variant classification guidelines and relevant public genomic databases
- Work closely with Molecular Laboratory and Pathology group to classify detected variants.
- Assist in optimization of NGS pipeline analysis and processing.
- Monitor performance of NGS and PCR assays.
- Identify technical issues that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of results and communicate/consult with the internal team.
- Initiate remedial actions to correct the problems.
- Improve processes in pre-analytic, analytic, and post-analytic testing of NGS and PCR assays.
- Assist in defining conditions and methods for internal genomic sequencing data reanalysis and reporting.
- Assist in the introduction of assay improvements, new assay configurations and validation in the testing laboratory.
- Perform User Acceptance testing.
- Complete Change Control Request documents.
- Execute test scripts.
- Prepare regulatory submissions and responses.
- Assess opportunities to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Assist in management of process improvement projects.
- Will primarily serve as the variant curator for Next-Generation Sequencing based assays in the molecular department.
- Provide educational opportunities for the Molecular Staff including but not limited to training CLS staff in variant calling and filtering and CME activities
Experience & Required Qualifications:
Education: M.S with 2 years of experience or Ph.D. or M.S. with CGC accreditation - 2 years of experience preferred but not required.
Certified Genetic Counselor accreditation preferred for M.S. degree holders. Clinical Molecular Genetics Biologist Scientist license preferred (CA only).
- Familiarity with AMP/ACMG guidelines for variant classification and relevant public databases
- Ability to read and analyze relevant clinical literature
- Proficient with MS Office programs
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow up skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment and maintain production and quality standards
- Ability to handle stressful situations and demonstrate a potential for strong problem solving skills
- Must be able to work in a biohazard environment and comply with safety policies and standards outlined in the Safety Manual