Job DescriptionContracted Instructor - LNA Certificate Program - Fall 2021
River Valley Community College is seeking a qualified individual who is interested in teaching classes for the College's non-credit Licensed Nursing Assistant Certificate Program in a live or online classroom and clinical setting. Possession of a strong academic background is required.
The position is based at RVCC's Keene Academic Center, and may have occasional responsibilities in Claremont. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education: An earned Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university, with a major field of study in nursing.
- Unencumbered NH RN license or a multi-state RN license from another compact state, or, a current New Hampshire unencumbered licensed practical nurse license (LPN) or a multi-state LPN license issued by a compact state.
- Validates 2 years' experience with the elderly and/or chronically ill of any age with 1-year experience in the provision of LTC facility services.
- Valid driver's license.
- Experience with classroom and online teaching (Canvas or other).
- Higher education teaching experience in the nursing field.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Thorough knowledge of teaching methods, use of instructional materials and organization of subject matter into effective teaching units in cross modal learning platforms.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, methods, techniques, and use of equipment in the subject being taught.
- Ability to accurately evaluate and record student progress and to provide effective guidance.
- Demonstrates professionalism when participating in College activities at partnering and collaborating agencies.
- Provides clinical supervision of RVCC students at a variety of cooperating agencies.
- Some experience in curriculum design and development.
- Complies with all system, college, state and federal rules and regulations.
per Board of Nursing Rules
Nur 704.06 LNA instructors seeking to be hired to teach in a licensed nursing assistant certificate program shall complete and submit Form "Approval for Board Approved Education Programs," 08/28/18; and be approved by the board in accordance with the one of the requirement options below: Option One:
- Possess a current New Hampshire unencumbered registered nurse license or a multi-state RN license from another compact state
- Demonstrates competence to teach adult learners through one of the following:
Baccalaureate educational preparation; or Successful completion of a 12hour board-approved Train-the-Trainer course.OR Option Two:
- Comply with (1) and (2) above and possess a current New Hampshire unencumbered licensed practical nurse license (LPN) or a multi-state LPN license issued by a compact state.
- If in compliance with the above criteria, the instructor shall receive board approval.
Submit your application online with cover letter, resume/Curriculum Vitae, official transcripts, and any certifications you currently hold.
In your cover letter:
- Please list courses you have taught, (if applicable)
- Please list on-the-job mentoring or teaching (if applicable)
For more information, contact Dan Osborn, Coordinator for Workforce Development at firstname.lastname@example.org (603)542-7744, ext. 5347.
River Valley Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Discrimination on the basis of age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or any other non-merit factor is strictly prohibited.