Preschool RN Nurse
The school nurse follows the health policy and procedures of Gilmore Memorial Preschool. Coordinates and participates in the review and implementation of school health services, policies and procedures. Reviews and updates all standard forms for the school's health program. Assures that the preschool policy and related procedures adhere to legal and regulatory requirements and ethical standards of nursing practice. Functions as the liaison between the school and local health service agencies/providers and community resources. Ability to administer AED procedures in an emergency. Must adhere to NJ of Health, NAEYC's Code of Ethics, and Gilmore Memorial Preschool's Confidentiality Clause.
1. Provides case management and active collaboration with staff, students, and families to promote self-direction and optimal care during school hours. Physician-prescribed medications or health care procedures will be administered to a child with the parent's written permission.
2. Coordinates programs and develops timelines for screenings (Eyes, Ears, Weight, Teeth, etc.).
3. Maintains accurate student medical files. Reviews, updates, and completes follow-ups on medical reports,
ensuring that they are current and accurate. Medical Reports:
c. Universal Medical Reports
d. Mandatory Flu Shots
e. Lead Testing
4. Collaborator/Advocator - The school nurse works closely with the Family Workers, community providers/resources, Paterson Public Schools Health Dept., and student families. School Nurse Serves as an interpreter of health mandates, recommendations, and trends to school personnel through written materials, meetings, etc.
5. Guidance and Support - Provides consultation to members of the individualized Education Program (IEP) team, Child Study Committee, PIRT, and other multidisciplinary teams on health-related concerns. Assists families in finding and using treatment services. Interprets students' health needs to school personnel and facilitates understanding and adjustments to changes and limitations. Collaborates with community agencies to provide resources for students and their families. Serves as a health consultant to the school administration. The nurse seeks out local and other resources for use in the school setting.
6. An Educator for School and Community Concerns - Develops workshops for teachers, assistants, and other staff on health-related topics. Conducting in-service training for school personnel on health issues.
7. Providing classroom health instruction/serving as a resource to increase the existing teaching staff's capacity to achieve the school's health education goals. Participates in the development and implementation of health promotion activities.
8. Work Load Standards - Collects State Mandated data for the Paterson Public School District Health Dept. Completes and submits all medical Surveys and Program Summaries, including "End of Year of Report," as requested.
School Nurse Skills include the ability to:
· Keep accurate and updated records. Plan, schedule, and coordinate activities/events
· Deal tactfully with others and exercise good judgment in appraising situations
· Make independent and timely nursing decisions. Document results
· Secure the cooperation and respect of students, faculty, and staff
· Elicit needed information and maintain effective working relationships
· Collect data to direct evidence-based practice
· Record accurately services rendered and interpret and explain records, reports, activities, health care plans, accommodations, and medical interventions
· Identify health-related barriers to learning (i.e., at-risk behaviors, financial, cultural, economic, etc.)
· Computer Savvy
· Maintain confidentiality of all medical records and information
· Required: NJ Registered Nurse (RN), currently licensed in the State of New Jersey
· Prior early childhood education experience, helpful. The preschool nurse must be computer savvy.
Company DescriptionWe are looking for a qualified Preschool Teacher to prepare students for kindergarten by easing them into organized education. You will teach them essential elements that they will encounter soon after they enter school life. A preschool teacher must have great love and patience for students.
Qualifications needed to teach them effectively include knowledge of best practices and preschool educational methods as well as the ability to engage them and earn their trust and attention. The goal is to contribute to the healthy mental and emotional development of the child, so they can more easily acclimate to the next level of education. Also, the preschool teacher must be innovative and adaptable to provide age-appropriate, high-quality distance learning to all students.