Title IV School seeking licensed and dynamic Clinical Nurse Instructor to teach in its Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse program.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Provide Orientation for new students at the healthcare facility, including the facility's job description for Nursing staff, the Policy and Procedure Manual, location of educational resources, safety precautions, emergency protocols and blood-borne pathogens protection.
• Conduct clinical lab practices with students in all clinical lab procedures.
Assign students to a variety of medical departments/procedures to gain experience in the role of the Nurse (Licensed Practical or Registered Nurses).
• Promote a positive learning environment with emphasis on patient/student safety and compliance that meets national accrediting agency standards.
• Exhibit professional behavior and communication that serves as a positive role model for students.
• Complete weekly clinical evaluations with systematic observations, and timely objective/subjective feedback to the student according to Piberry Institute's and hospital standards.
• Meet regularly with Director of Nursing to maintain productive two-way communication between the Program and the hospital/medical facility.
• Provide feedback to the Director of Nursing about current department/hospital policies or changes in practice in the nursing field, and recommend appropriate program changes.
• Maintain current state-of-the-art knowledge and skills through continuing education and professional development opportunities.
• Perform supervisory and other duties as assigned by the Dean or other designee
Company DescriptionLocal technical school where we prepare individuals for entry level positions in the field of Practical Nursing, Nursing Assistants, Registered Nursing, Medical Assisting, Home Health Aid, Patient Care Technicians.