Job DescriptionGeorge Fox University
announces a tenure-track 9-month faculty position in the CSWE-accredited College of Social Work MSW program, to begin in August 2022. This position is assigned primarily to teach in the MSW program. Teaching responsibilities will focus on generalist practice across the MSW curriculum, with a particular emphasis in macro-level social work practice. This position works in collaboration with undergraduate and graduate program directors, the directors of field education, other social work faculty, and staff in the social work program. George Fox is fully committed to maintaining a culturally and academically diverse faculty and student body.George Fox University
, a Christ-centered community, prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. Professors teach all truth as God's truth, integrating all fields of learning around the person and work of Jesus Christ, bringing the divine revelations through sense, reason, and intuition to the confirming test of Scripture. As a Christ-centered community, George Fox University is an institution that values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become a more inclusive community, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty. George Fox is fully committed to maintaining a culturally and academically diverse faculty and student body.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Faculty are expected to:
- Teaching generalist practice MSW-level courses across the curriculum;
- Participate in designing, refining, and developing MSW curriculum;
- Engage in strategic planning and implementation for program development;
- Work to connect the theoretical and conceptual contribution of the classroom with the practical world of the practice setting;
- Work collaboratively with faculty and staff in the College of Social Work to accomplish the program's mission, goals, and
- Model respect for diversity and difference in the engagement of internal and external university stakeholders.
Salary and Rank
- An MSW from a CSWE-accredited program is required and an earned doctorate in social work or a related field is preferred;
- Two or more years of post-MSW social work practice experience; a combination of macro-level and direct practice social work is preferred;
- Teaching experience in direct social work practice;
- Two years full-time teaching in a CSWE-accredited program preferred;
- Teaching experience in the core courses for social work at the MSW level; evidence of teaching excellence is preferred;
- Eligibility for clinical social work licensure preferred;
- Experience in social work field supervision preferred;
- Physical ability to travel the area to supervise field practicum placements;
- A commitment to working with a diverse population of students is essential; demonstrated experience in this area is preferred.
- All applicants must express a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and express their Christian testimony in a local church. In addition, professors agree to live in agreement with the Community Lifestyle Statement and affirm the theological commitments expressed in the Statement of Faith.
- Candidates must have legal authority to permanently work in the U.S. When employed by George Fox University, employees must be a resident of one of the following states: Oregon, Washington, California, Idaho, New York, Ohio, or Texas.
Appointment at the Assistant Professor level is anticipated, though candidates with significant teaching experience at previous institutions may be considered for appointment at the rank of Associate Professor. Salary and benefits are competitive with comparable institutions.Application Procedures kindly apply only through this website
When completing the online application, please upload the following as Word or .pdf documents in the section marked Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, and Essay Requirement
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Faith and learning essay*
Other supporting materials may be requested at a later stage of the review process.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply at once. Review of applications will begin immediately
and continue until the position is filled.
Questions may be directed to Rebecca Yazzie (firstname.lastname@example.org) *
INTEGRATION OF FAITH AND LEARNING ESSAY George Fox University is committed to the idea that one of the primary responsibilities of Christian higher education is to help students develop a uniquely Christian worldview. As teachers and mentors, it is important for George Fox University faculty members to integrate Christian faith and principles in all aspects of their lives. As an essential part of the application process, the University will carefully consider your response to the following: In a one-page essay (about 300 words) describe your personal Christian faith, as well as how your faith informs your teaching, scholarship, and service (including service and leadership in your church and/or in Christian ministries)