Job DescriptionArizona College
is seeking a knowledgeable and engaging instructor to join us as a Full-Time, Behavioral Health - Nursing Faculty Member at our Tucson, Arizona Campus!Why Should You Work with Us?
Arizona College of Nursing is a rapidly growing organization focused on providing students the opportunity to change their lives through education. Our high quality, academically challenging BSN program prepares students for in-demand nursing jobs in communities across the nation. Driving our growth is the desire to address the nations nursing shortage while providing students the opportunity to pursue their dreams and passion. With eleven campuses across six states, the college is poised to become one of the leading providers of nursing graduates to the healthcare workforce.
Our culture is built around a shared commitment to provide students the resources, education, and support they need to be successful. As a team, we continually embrace our core values and hold each other accountable for living them every day. These shared values are:Passion:
We love helping others succeed.Excellence:
We strive to be the best.Adaptability:
We learn, in part by trying new ideas.Accountability:
We own our results.Integrity:
We do the right thingWhat You'll Do:
Reporting to the Dean of Nursing, your main responsibility will be leveraging your expertise to deliver educational services to Arizona College students in the classroom and clinical laboratory. Additionally, you will be:
What We Need from You:
- Delivering high-quality instruction through the planning and implementation of effective learning strategies and environments.
- Evaluating student knowledge and progression utilizing a wide array of assessment tools.
- Actively participating in program evaluation and the systematic plan for curriculum design.
- Promoting student success through growth-based feedback, timely communication, and the implementing diverse learning strategies.
We have an amazing team, so we want to make sure our standards are upheld. We've listed below the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position.
Time to Impress Us:
- A professional demeanor and the heart of a teacher. This includes the ability to effectively function within an educational environment that fosters student learning and engagement in nursing practice.
- A high degree of professionalism and discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- Ability to communicate effectively by speaking and writing clearly, concisely, and professionally; practicing active listening; reading critically and adapting communication for audience.
- Exceptional ability to organize, prioritize, and multi-task in an extremely dynamic environment.
- Ability to think critically by applying problem solving practices, acquiring relevant information, using technology and other resources appropriately, and evaluating alternatives.
Faculty shall provide evidence of education and experience necessary to indicate that they are competent to teach a given course and develop and evaluate student admission, progression, retention, and graduation policies within the framework of the controlling institution.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Graduate degree required, if the graduate degree is not in nursing must have a Bachelor's degree in nursing and a graduate degree in a related discipline from an accredited program recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- A minimum of three (3) years' work experience as a professional registered nurse providing direct patient care.
- Previous experience teaching in a registered nursing program at a college or university is preferred.
- Holds a current unencumbered state professional registered nurse license or enhance compact nurse licensure valid in the State of Arizona.
- Certified Nurse Educator certification and national certification in area of nursing specialty is preferred.
- Maintains professional competence/expertise in teaching through activities such as nursing practice, continuing education programs, conferences, workshops, seminars, academic courses, research projects and professional writing.
*Subject to state BON/BRN regulation where student is located.What We Are Offering You:
- Competitive pay and opportunities for advancement
- Great Company Culture within a supportive working environment
- Rest and Relaxation with generous PTO and holiday benefits
- Health Benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- Prepare for the Future with a 401(k) with company match
For consideration, only online applications will be accepted. For further information, you may contact your local campus. Campus contact information is listed on our website at www.arizonacollege.edu
Our schools prohibit discrimination and harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law to the extent prohibited by law. Job Posted by ApplicantPro