The researcher works with PHAR's team focused on real world evidence to complete a wide range of research projects including epidemiological, burden of illness, and healthcare resource & utilization studies, using both commercial and publicly available data sources. Collaborating with other researchers, statisticians, project managers and others with relevant training, the researcher contributes to the design and execution of health economics research projects.
Although tasks may be requested that are outside of this list, we expect the researcher to:
- understand study content and methodology, working toward managing 1-2 small studies independently
- draft study documents including proposals, analysis plans, technical reports, and publications
- monitor study timelines and anticipate next steps
- lead short sections of calls
- conduct literature searches in PubMed independently
- perform administrative tasks and assist with internal processes
We seek persons with strong interests in health economic research and analysis, and in working in an environment where teamwork, integrity, and high standards are valued.
We also seek those with:
What We Have to Offer
- Bachelor's in public health, health services research or related field
- Master's in public health, health services research or related field a plus
- 2-3 years' experience conducting health services research
- Experience in secondary data analyses and real-world data
- Experience in any of the following a plus: decision analytic models, survey development, expert panels, chart review studies, prospective observational studies, systematic literature reviews
- Experience conducting and documenting searches with PubMed/MEDLINE
- Excellent analytic skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Office Suite, Gmail, and Zotero. Ability to learn industry-specific software
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English (both oral and written)
- Ability to work effectively within a remote and multidisciplinary team
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Familiarity with the pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical devices industries a plus
Our office is in Beverly Hills, CA. Currently, all work is remote, though this position will eventually be based in our office. The salary is $60,000-100,000 depending on experience. We provide medical, dental, vision and disability insurance; and offer participation in a 401k after 1 year.
If interested, please submit a cover letter, CV / resume, writing sample, and your salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Acknowledging the importance of diverse perspectives, PHAR is committed to employing individuals from a variety of backgrounds and with a variety of experiences. Members of historically marginalized communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Company DescriptionPartnership for Health Analytic Research (PHAR), LLC is a clinically focused health services research consultancy. We combine rigorous methodology with extensive clinical expertise to support clients in the life science industry. Our clients appreciate the unique insight our experienced staff brings to each and every project. Unencumbered by corporate bureaucracy, we can efficiently execute contracts and complete projects on time and on budget. We pride ourselves on being reliable and responsive to our clients' changing needs. Our work crosses a wide range of clinical areas, including oncology, rheumatology, pediatrics, infectious disease, urology, and others.
For additional information, visit www.pharllc.com.