Date Posted: Wednesday, Aug. 11
Department: Academic Affairs
Lees-McRae College is seeking professionals to provide quality learning experiences to traditional and non-traditional students. Adjunct faculty provide instruction in assigned courses on a part-time, as needed basis. Courses may be seated, online, or hybrid format. Some courses are taught at off-campus locations.
Adjunct faculty are currently needed for the following disciplines:
* Course-Emergency Medicine
* EMT Basic 250-1
* Utilize current pedagogical methods that foster active and engaged learning.
* Provide effective, quality instruction to students by preparing for each learning experience.
* Communicate effectively both in verbal and written expression.
* Follow the course or academic program standards as prescribed by the college.
* Develop, distribute, and review course syllabi according to the standards provided.
* Provide supplemental instruction to enhance textbooks and lessons.
* Use effective evaluation methods to measure student performance.
* Maintain accurate records (attendance, grades, evaluations, etc.) and submit required reports according to college guidelines.
* Remain abreast of standards and ongoing developments and practices in the teaching discipline.
* Communication Skills.
* Ethical Conduct.
* Teamwork Orientation.
This position has supervisory responsibilities which relate to managing a group of nursing students in the clinical setting at a facility.
Typical classroom environment or clinical setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will need the ability to stand for a period of time. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time, temporary position. Adjunct appointments do not guarantee course assignments. All adjunct positions are contingent upon enrollment demand.
Travel is expected for this position if the position is at a clinical setting.
Required Education and Experience
* Baccalaureate or master's degree in teaching discipline or a related discipline.
* Related work experiences, professional licensure and certifications, or other demonstrated competencies and achievements that contribute to effective teaching and student learning outcomes.
* Ability to use technology and online ancillaries.
Preferred Education and Experience
* Earned doctorate/terminal degree in the teaching discipline or a related discipline.
* Prior college teaching experience.
* Experience with Brightspace or a similar learning management system.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
For information about employment opportunities at Lees-McRae College, email Director of Human Resources and Benefits Administration Mary Furst at email@example.com.