The School Nurse Assistant is responsible for providing support to the School Nurse in all job functions. The School Nurse Assistant is a per diem, as needed, school-year position. The School Nurse Assistant reports to the Health and Wellness Director and consults with the School's contracted Physician of Record, as appropriate. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
FUNCTIONS TO BE PERFORMED AS NEEDED
- Provide medical first aid services in the absence of the certified school nurse according to standing orders.
- Assess injuries and notify the certified school nurse of injuries requiring medical care or immediate absence from school. Complete school accident report requiring the certified school nurse's signature.
- Screen students who present symptoms of a communicable disease/condition and exclude them from school when necessary.
- Receive and log in medications for students provided by parents.
- Provide health services as required for students having special medical needs.
- Keep health records current.
- Record and file completed physical forms on permanent health records.
- Log in SNAP Program important information to be included on the health concerns list - include new entries.
- Inform teaching staff of new health concerns.
- Record significant health related information documented by parents on excuse notes. File excuse notes according to district guidelines.
- Notify parents/guardians of significant injuries, health concerns, vision, and hearing referral follow-ups.
- Assist the certified school nurse with COVID-Safety testing.
- Refer reports of possible abuse or neglect to the certified school nurse.
- Refer parent concerns of vision and hearing acuity to certified school nurse.
- Assist building secretary with technology security and monitoring duties.
- Periodically assist office staff.
- Perform such other duties as assigned by the supervisor(s).