Overview*GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION: *
Under the supervision of the Principal Investigator or designee, the Clinical Research Assistant is responsible for performing delegated tasks and procedures involving human subjects in support of clinical research protocols.
* Assist PI in development of protocol-specific tools to aid in study documentation
* Assess eligibility of research subjects in accordance with the approved protocol and all applicable regulations including HIPAA
* Obtain patient consent and Human Subject Committee approvals for minimal-risk studies as delegated by IRB-approved protocol
* Collect, record, evaluate, update, and store/transport pertinent data and samples in relation to protocol
* Track study enrollment and completion of milestones
* Summarize research findings and prepare presentations
* Perform literature searches
* Schedule patient tests and/or interviews
* Conduct patient telephone follow up
* Stock, inventory, store, and order samples/supplies as needed to maintain appropriate operations
* Review medical records and medical record abstractions for consistency and completeness
* Comply with established policies, health and safety regulations and requirements, procedures, and department objectives
* Maintain patient and study subject confidentiality
* Perform other duties as required.
* Bachelor's degree in a scientific or health care field, or related experience
* Experience in using computer-based tools (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
* Oral and written communication skills
* Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills required.