Job DescriptionRoll Summary:
This individual will assist the front office with receiving and accessioning laboratory samples. The position will be centered around handling and keying in new test requisitions and maintaining accurate records. Work schedule will be Tuesday-Saturday.Responsibilities
- Performs data entry login of patient demographics, clinical information, specimen source, and test(s) orders from specimen requisitions into computer systems and accessions specimen samples as needed or required.
- Checks requisitions for all necessary requirements and documents missing information the LIM system.
- Prioritizes and sorts specimens appropriately for accessioning and processing
- Assists with receiving and records management for lab samples and accessioning
- Scans requisitions and all related paperwork, into the scan system, and shreds/files documents as needed.
- Contributes to a positive work climate and to the team effort of the department and company.
- One to two years of prior laboratory experience is preferred
- Familiarity with health insurance preferred
- Background with medical records and data entry
- Organized and detail oriented
- Flexible mindset and ability to work with a growing team
- Proficient with software systems - ideally MS Excel and web based LIMS/EMR
Company DescriptionProteus Genomics is a high complexity CLIA clinical reference lab in Birmingham, AL that specializes in pharmacogenetic testing. Our leadership team has over 30 years of experience in PGx, cancer genetics and research. Our clinical experts have successfully tested thousands of patients with 99% accuracy. We seek to partner with other highly complex CLIA labs to enable them to offer pharmacogenetic testing to their current populations or customer base. Because of our efficiency and expertise, we will be able to give our customers a competitive advantage in the market place. Our technology platform has the flexibility to accommodate the simplest of needs as well as those that may be deemed too challenging to other molecular labs. Proteus has the expertise to customize solutions for our clients, enabling them to deliver the highest quality results with the confidence and standards that this healthcare environment demands. The investments that we have made for the future enable us to be one of the most responsive, creative laboratories in the country. We can validate and refine testing on new genes or SNPs with unprecedented speed and accuracy.