Job DescriptionFORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant institution of the University System of Georgia, invites applications for a Research Assistant in the College of Agriculture, Family Sciences and Technology.
Fort Valley State University, the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students. The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its 1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public university in area.JOB SUMMARY:
Candidate for this position will assist faculty members in their ongoing laboratory and field research. This includes knowledge of running various equipment, troubleshooting minor problems, maintain service contracts, and assist graduate students in their thesis research.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help maintain laboratory equipment and reagents in good and current condition for an efficient working laboratory.
- Help graduate and undergraduate students conducting research in the lab.
- Help in processing of the plant tissue samples for biochemical analysis.
- Use computer applications for imaging and data storage.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- Undergraduate degree in biological/agricultural sciences from an accredited college.
- Hands-on experience in laboratory and/or field experimentation techniques.