*Essential Job Duties:*
* Support Plant Breeding Consortium scouting of project/initiatives ideas and spearhead writing of proposals and coordination of events.
* Assist in the establishment of grain pea breeding programs for the plant based protein and cover crop markets.
* Develop a strategy for the maintenance and use of germplasm in cucurbits (transition with retiring breeder), and brassicas (former Monsanto collection); aiming at the Farm-to-Table market regional market.
* Coordinate research in Stevia, based on the collaboration with Plant Pathways.
* Participate in international horticultural crops breeding initiatives.
*Is Time Limited:*No
*Job City & State:*Raleigh, NC
*Working Title:*Temporary Senior Research Scholar
*Work Schedule:*Up to 40/hrs per week
* PhD in Plant Breeding and skillful in data analytics, phenotyping, genomics, field and greenhouse work.
*Department Required Skills:*
* Must have over 10 years of experience in plant breeding, primarily research, with experience as a research associate or similar level position in a USA land grant university.
* Must have a strong publication record and demonstrated experience to write grants.
* Must have demonstrated experience to co/supervise staff and graduate students.
* Must have experience working in an applied breeding program and managing large data sets.
*Preferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education:*
* Experience in standard plant breeding methods and working with multiple types of plant species, as well as experience in integrating plant breeding with other disciplines (i.e. pathology, agronomy, etc.)
* Experience high throughput phenotyping and data analytics
* Experience to provide grants writing leadership for international projects.
*Required License or Certification:*
* Valid Driver's License
*Valid NC Driver's License required?:*Yes
*Commercial Driver's License Required?:*No
*Anticipated Hiring Range:*$32-$36/hr
*Job Open Date:*09/08/2021