The School of Rock Madison is performance based music school, focusing on team building and live performance.
The School of Rock Madison is a fast paced work environment that requires our employees to be very outgoing and to work well with kids aging from 5-18. We are looking for somebody who can teach with a strong focus on theory and technique. Potential applicants should have a strong desire to work hard and be a team player while advancing their teaching and musicianship skills.Summary:
The School of Rock Music Instructor teaches students from all ends of the spectrum, working on music from The Stones to Zappa to Bruno Mars. The Instructor creates a safe and cool environment for students to achieve their musical and creative potential and insures that each School of Rock student has an exceptional musical journey.
In support of that goal, each instructor is responsible for all music and education-related elements within the lessons. The instructor creates a dynamic lesson experience to insure their students are challenged and inspired. The instructor embodies Rock N' Roll in a positive way and is responsible for creating the most valuable student lesson experience possible. We teach five core areas at the School of Rock - keys, vocals, guitar, bass and drums. Our instructors have multi-instrumental capabilities. This is considerably valuable to potential applicants who are needed to teach more than one instrument or voice.Music Instruction:
- Implement the school of rock band training curriculum in and organized manor
- Maximize the quality of music instruction including private lessons and performances
- Be sure the students are learning the fundamentals of music, not just songs
- Create and document thoughtful lesson plans parallel to the students Band Season
- Interact with parents and students regularly by being visible and accessible in the school
- Communicate regularly with parents on progress of students after lessons
- Fill out monthly progress reviews to make sure your student is heading in the right direction
- Assist in rehearsals and basic maintenance in school
- Experience teaching and/or performing music professionally
- Can confidently follow and create lead sheet and song maps
- Knowledge of music theory and curriculum design
- Excellent ability to deal well with a wide range of members and other clientele
- Strong organizational skills
- Very strong service relation skills
- Contain resourcefulness and the ability to solve problems
- Works well under pressure
- Ideal candidate is a working musician who also has formal music school training
- Enthusiastic, flexible, patient, and positive demeanor
- Good judgment a must
- Passion for teaching
Company DescriptionSchool of Rock in Madison, CT is a haven for aspiring musicians who love rock n' roll. We believe live performance is the most fun and effective way to teach an instrument, which is why we get kids playing on stage as quickly as possible. Our classes are tailored to all age groups and levels of proficiency, and our instructors are passionate about creating a legacy of music by helping students succeed in music and beyond.
We also believe that music is more than a solo act. That's why School of Rock Madison teaches kids to play as part of a team. This approach promotes accountability, speeds up the learning process, and fosters an inclusive community of rockers in Madison. Students are not only learning an instrument-they're making friends, building confidence, and becoming better people.