*University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus**Colorado Center for Personalized Medicine Biobank**Research Services Professional - Clinical Research Coordinator I**Position #00784399 - Requisition #21439** Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at [www.cu.edu/cu-careers](http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers) *The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.*Colorado Center for Personalized Medicine Biobank has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Clinical Research Coordinator position.*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. [Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here](https://www.cuanschutz.edu/docs/librariesprovider15/default-document-library/2019-facts-brochure_web.pdf). The Colorado Center for Personalized Medicine is an institutional collaboration linking extensive electronic medical record (EMR) data to 'omics' information generated in a clinical biobank leveraging biospecimens from patients to promote the development of tools and knowledge in biomedical informatics, in order to expand prognostic and diagnostic capacity using molecular diagnostics, with a goal of integrating these discoveries into routine health care. This endeavor will optimize the promotion of health and well-being across the Colorado Front Range community, synergizing with the institutional mission to "push the boundaries of medicine". The Center will be interoperable with successful enterprises both nationally and internationally, which will both enhance the overall mission of the Center and propel the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus forward as a leader in health care promotion and delivery throughout the Western region. A key objective of CCPM's is to achieve financial sustainability by partnering with a diverse range of collaborators that align with broader CCPM objectives and activities in order to reach economies of scale and multi-purpose use of resources, which includes establishing strategic partnerships with industry organizations to source new revenue streams and enhance existing CCPM capabilities. As an important member of the research team, the Clinical Research Coordinator works with industry-sponsored, co-operative group and Center-initiated clinical research projects in accordance with standard operating protocols, FDA Regulations, and GCP Guidelines. This position is accountable for meeting study-specific goals and timelines, while also performing and assisting with clinical tasks related to study-specific tests, and biospecimen and data collection. This position is responsible for coordinating study subject appointments as well as scheduling, coordinating, and preparing for sponsor monitoring, site visits, and audits. The incumbent is responsible for data entry and resolution, study subject advocacy; and possible management of studies at the local level. This position communicates appropriately and effectively with study subjects, investigators, providers, sponsors and other team members, has outstanding customer service skills, and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.Jobs in this career family provide direct professional support of research activities. Functions include contracts and grants solicitation and administration, grant/agreement preparation, review and negotiation, regulatory compliance, sponsor communication post and pre award management, organization of recurring activities (e.g. meetings) and human subject compliance.Professionals in this career family are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, transparency, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to the professional field. At senior level, work is performed fully independently.*Examples of Work Performed:*
* Develops protocol-specific source documents (e.g., data collection tools, study visit checklists, etc.)
* Will be trained to perform the following on study subjects:
* Measurement of blood pressure, pulse, height, weight, and temperature
* Saliva sample collection
* Phlebotomy (direct venipuncture)
* Interviews prospective subjects and educates potential subjects on the details of the studies through phone contacts and personal interviews
* Determines patient eligibility for CCPM initiatives by:
* Gathering source documentation
* Ensuring the most current and approved version(s) of the study informed consent forms are completed and that the informed consent process is properly documented and consent form filed
* Reviewing study subject Medical History to determine eligibility status
* Obtains study subject medical history and current medication information, reviews research protocol Inclusion/Exclusion Criteria, and confirms eligibility of subject to participate in the CCPM Biobank and CCPM-sponsored initiatives.
* Performs informed consent process or ensures that the informed consent process has occurred, is properly documented, and that informed consent form documents are filed as required
* Collaborates with hospital staff to ensure tests and procedures, required by research protocols, are performed and documented (e.g., questionnaire/survey administration, medical history documentation vital signs, phlebotomy, saliva collection, specimen processing and shipping, electrocardiograms (EKGs), research drug administration, protocol-specific tests and procedures, and scheduling of follow-up visits).
* Schedules subject participation in research and clinical activities including community, CU- and UCHealth clinic-based initiatives including coordination of necessary space and clinical research support (e.g., physician, nurse practitioner, laboratory, radiology, pharmacy)
* Is familiar with all protocol and study documents and reviews documents after each study subject visit for completeness and accuracy
* Abstracts and records all research subject data pertaining to the research protocol onto protocol-specific Case Report Forms (CRFs) and secure databases (e.g. REDCap, Epic EHR) in an accurate and timely fashion
* Ensures complete source documentation is compiled for each study subject record
* Works on multiple research studies simultaneously
* Assists Team Manager and/or Financial Team by processing bills and/or answering billing questions related to procedure performed for subjects enrolled in clinical trials
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.*Salary and Benefits:*The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $47,697 to $63,914 The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: [https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits](https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits)Total Compensation Calculator: [http://www.cu.edu/node/153125](http://www.cu.edu/node/153125)*Diversity and Equity:*The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [firstname.lastname@example.org](mailto:email@example.com). The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Communication, Health, Sciences or a related field from an accredited college or university.
* One year of clinical research experience and/or research experience
Substitution: Any equivalent combination of Education and Experience can substitute for the degree on a year-for-year basis.*Required: Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.*PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.*Preferred Qualifications:*
* Extramurally funded, ideally R01-level clinical research experience (any clinical research experience for CRC I level)
* Experience with electronic data capture systems
* Knowledge of basic human anatomy, physiology medical terminology.
* Analytical Skills - Ability to interpret and master complex research protocol information.
* Attention to Detail - Work is accurate and details are not overlooked.
* Communication Skills - Good command of the English language, and ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
* Interpersonal Skills - Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all level; interacts with people in a friendly, open, honest manner; models a commitment to teamwork; demonstrates respect for the opinions of others; and maintains high level of confidentiality.
* Customer Service - Demonstrates a commitment to excellent customer service, providing internal and external customers with information or assistance in resolving problems.
* Complex Problem Solving - Identifies complex problems and reviews related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
* Adaptability - Adapts quickly to change and is able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a calm, organized manner; is open to new ideas and methods; is able to work both independently and as part of a team.
* Planning and Organizing - Sets priorities, anticipates obstacles when planning ahead, manages time effectively to accomplish tasks.
* Technical Skills - Adept at utilizing technology to effectively communicate and complete work (e.g. MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel); ability to learn new technology.
*Job Category: *Research Services
*Primary Location: *Aurora
*Posting Date: *May 24, 2021
*Unposting Date: *Ongoing