Job DescriptionMOUNTAINLAND TECHNICAL COLLEGE
Invites applications for the position of: Welding Instructor
Location: 1410 W 1250 S, Orem, UT 84058
Status: Exempt/ Full-Time
Salary: $50,000/year - This position includes a generous benefits package including 401 k, Medical, Dental, Life, AD&D, Paid Holiday, Personal, Sick & Vacation, Tuition discount after three months of employment.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Instruct students in the classroom and lab to achieve competency in all Welding Technology and
Pipe Welding Processes program requirements.
- Ability to demonstrate and teach proper welding techniques with the FCAW, GMAW, GTAW, and
SMAW welding processes, as well as the OFC, PAC, and CAC-A thermal cutting processes.
- Inspect and evaluate welds performed by students, giving meaningful feedback and advice on how to improve weld quality.
- Develop working relationships with Employers who hire or could potentially hire MTECH completers.
- Ensure that Welding and Pipe Welding meet COE standards for completion, placement and licensure.
- Take necessary precautions to ensure an effective and safe level of direct supervision of students in the lab portion of the program.
- Take inventory of welding consumables for student use, report to lead instructor for purchasing.
- Ensure that students' achievement of educational objectives is evaluated appropriately, to include their knowledge, skills, and abilities leading to entry-level welder job competencies.
- Ensure that student's evaluation is ongoing, systematic, and assesses student's progress toward meeting the requirements for graduation.
- Provide students with information and resources to prepare them for employer-accepted and nationally recognized certification.
- Assists with clerical functions and related classroom duties, other than instructing.
- Oversees the maintenance of a clean and orderly training area.
- Models and teaches good work habits.
MTECH maintains the right to conduct a criminal history background check; employment is contingent upon background check results
- High School Diploma
- Possess Welding certifications for subject areas taught
- Have at least five years of experience in welding practice prior to entering the position;
- Demonstrate ongoing continuing education in the field of welding and/or education
- Applicants with previous teaching or management experience and who are Certified Welding Inspectors will be given higher consideration.