Title: Adjunct Instructor Computer Information Technology Networking/Systems Administration Courses
Required Documents Needed to Upload at Time of Application:
Position Summary: To provide quality on ground instruction (possibly online) for student learning and to maintain a positive learning environment in the classroom. The major emphasis will be placed on teaching and evaluating students in the classroom and laboratories.
Department: Business & Computer Technology
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Planning and teaching classes as assigned and as outlined in the course descriptions and course syllabi.
2. Supervising the study and learning activities of students assigned.
3. Submitting requests through the department head, program coordinator, or lead teacher for equipment, supplies, textbooks, and other instructional aids.
4. Evaluating the academic progress of students.
5. Demonstrating knowledge of services, regulations, and procedures as defined in the Adjunct Faculty Handbook.
6. Submitting course grades and performing other administrative duties as required.
7. Scheduling two office hours. For extenuating circumstances in which office hours cannot be scheduled, the adjunct faculty member must submit a written plan to the Dean describing how students can access the instructor. Office hours are not paid during the summer session.
Required Qualifications: Bachelors degree or higher from a regionally accredited college/university with at least 5 years of full-time practical networking or networking related working experience and must possess at least one current industry recognized networking credential.
Availability/Closing Date: This posting is not a guarantee of an open position. Applications for adjunct faculty positions are accepted on a continuous basis and reviewed by the department when openings become available. Future teaching assignments are on a term-by-term basis, which may include fall, spring and summer. Postings close yearly on January 31; to maintain your application within the system, you will need to re-apply each year.
Special Instructions to Applicants: To be considered for a position at Pellissippi State, you must create an on-line application. Your skills, abilities, qualifications, and years of experience will be evaluated using only what is recorded on your application. Please note: attaching a resume does not substitute for completion of the application form. Part-time work experience is calculated at 50% of full-time experience. Please note: to scan, upload, or attach documents, a computer and scanner are available at the Hardin Valley Campus Educational Resources Center, if needed.
Pellissippi State Community College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA employer.
If you have any problems or questions please contact Pellissippi State Community Colleges Human Resource Office at 865-694-6607 or by email at email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org) .
If you are interested in this position, click on the link to the top left to apply.