Job Description Job Description
An Esthetics Instructor is trained to teach a variety of skills used in the beauty industry. Esthetics Instructors must be able to teach students the assigned courses of the program, both theory, and practice portions. They are required to perform periodic evaluations of students in the form of coursework and exams. Record keeping is a vital part of an Esthetics Instructor's routine, both in teaching and in managing spa practice. Esthetics Instructors also teach business skills, such as management and marketing, since estheticians often run their own businesses.Responsibilities
- Take and report the attendance of their students.
- Monitor students in the labs/clinics and make sure that safety and sanitary practices are being followed.
- Teach to all levels of student abilities, and adjusting subject matter as required.
- Be comfortable offering constructive feedback to students to help them improve and keep them encouraged with engaging activities.
- Project a professional image at all times to students and guests.
- Attend faculty meetings and program review meetings as scheduled.
- Be familiar with the school policies and procedures as found in the School Catalog and make sure they are being met by their students.
Company DescriptionBeauty Academy was founded on October 3, 2003. Its first campus commenced operations on February 23, 2004, in the city of Hialeah. The ongoing positive results that were reached in latter years in the development of beauty industry professionals and the demand of prospective students in the South Florida area paved the way for the creation of a new branch campus in 2010. That new campus, conveniently situated in the city of Miami, initiated operations on May 11, 2010, with a focus on serving students in these new areas. From its humble beginnings, the Academy has focused on transmitting to students a renewed vision of beauty industry professions by implementing new methods and educational means to provide graduates with the tangible skills needed to become successful professionals in their chosen specializations.
The mission of Beauty Academy of South Florida is to offer quality education in beauty industry-related vocational education programs utilizing a well-planned curriculum and experienced instructors through a teaching approach that serves as a professional model for the students. The objective is to prepare students to obtain a career in the beauty industry to enable them to pass the State Board exams successfully and to be successful in the workplace.