Frontage Laboratories is a CRO / Clinical Research Organization providing integrated, science-driven, product development services throughout the drug discovery and development process to enable life science companies to achieve their drug development goals. We have enabled many innovator, generic and consumer health companies of all sizes to file IND, NDA, ANDA, BLA and 505(b)(2) submissions in global markets allowing for successful development of important therapies and products for patients. We are committed to providing rigorous scientific expertise to ensure the highest quality and compliance. We have successfully assisted clients to advance hundreds of molecules through development to commercial launch in global markets. Come and join us to make a world of difference.DMPK
The DMPK/ Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics group is dedicated to enabling the discovery, development and commercialization of safe and effective medicines by elucidating the absorption, distribution, metabolism, excretion and pharmacokinetic properties of small molecule drug candidates. We accomplish this through the application of state-of-the-art technologies and sciences of bioanalysis, drug metabolism, drug transport and pharmacokinetics. The DMPK group works in close partnership with disciplines such as medicinal chemistry, pharmacology, toxicology, pharmaceutical sciences, clinical pharmacology and regulatory to optimize leads, select clinical candidates, conduct preclinical development studies, support clinical evaluation and contribute to IND and NDA filings.Position Summary
The department of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK) at Frontage is seeking a highly motivated candidate with biology or chemistry background (BS, MS or PhD). This position requires an understanding of drug metabolism and its chemistry, drug metabolizing enzymes, and bioanalytical techniques. This person will work as a member of our DMPK drug development group and will be responsible for performing a variety of drug metabolism studies with guidance from senior members of the team. It is expected the individual selected for this position will receive appropriate trainings in handling radioactive compounds/samples and in the operation of analytical instruments such as HPLC and mass spectrometers. Responsibilities
- Responsible for conducting in vitro and in vivo metabolism studies using radiolabeled and non-radiolabeled compounds.
- Prepare and analyze samples using HPLC coupled to radioactivity and mass spectral detectors.
- Use LSC and sample oxidizers to generate data for mass balance studies.
- Ensure the appropriate equipment/instruments are calibrated and records maintained documenting any maintenance, repairs and upgrades.
- Analyze samples using LC/MS/MS (Orbitrap, ion trap, triple stage quadrupole instruments) as needed.
- Isolate metabolites from in vivo and in vitro sources
- Maintain a record of all studies in appropriate notebooks as per Frontage SOPs.
- Follow Frontage SOPs, DMPK guidelines, and study protocols while conducting studies. Ensure all laboratory operation and record-keeping are of high quality and compliant with Frontage SOPs or other applicable regulations.
- Assist in the preparation of reports.
- Ensure that all studies are conducted in a timely manner while maintaining highest quality of data.
- Work with Study Directors/Sponsors in study design, protocol preparation, and overseeing conduct of studies if needed.
- Effectively manage numerous tasks/projects simultaneously to meet internal/external deadlines while maintaining organizational integration within the DMPK team.
- BS or MS or PhD with 0-5 years relevant experience in any of the pharmaceutical sciences including pharmacokinetics, in vitro and in vivo metabolism, mass spectrometry or analytical chemistry.
- Knowledge of LC/MS/MS analytical techniques will be a plus.
- Broad post-graduate experience in DMPK (for PhD positions) as demonstrated through publications will be a plus but not essential.
- Compensation commensurate with education and the experience.
Frontage Laboratories Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.