*Duties:* The Gene Therapy Program (GTP) is entering a new era of unprecedented opportunity with great potential to reshape the face of medicine as we know it. Our discoveries have set the stage for successful treatments and possibly even cures for devastating genetic diseases.
The laboratory of Dr. Jim Wilson, at GTP of the University of Pennsylvania has been a leader in the development of innovative vector technology for close to three decades. We have emerged as the 'go-to' organization for public and private partners, who want to participate in the gene therapy space. Currently we are positioned to lead another round of vector innovation and establish pre-clinical and clinical proof-of-concept in therapeutic applications of in-vivo genome editing.
We are currently looking for a Lab Resources Manager to support lab management, inventory control, and equipment maintenance/operations for our 2nd facility.
As the Lab Resources Manager, you will manage the facility and equipment operations and maintenance for the new site. You will monitor the site for safety compliance. You will oversee receiving, storage, and distribution of supplies and enhance the process of organizing supplies and maintain order in the stockrooms. You will provide training and supervision to a small team of Lab Services Technicians. You will also act as backup for other members of the team as assigned (including biohazardous waste collection, autoclaving runs, lab gas management, package distribution etc.)
*Qualifications:* * Associate's degree and 3-5 years of direct laboratory experience, including experience in laboratory operations (preferably in the biological sciences).
* 3+ years experience maintaining scientific equipment (Biosafety cabinet; CO2 incubators; -80C freezers, centrifuges, etc.)
* Experience with working with databases.
* Precise attention to detail.
* Clear and effective written and oral communication skills.
* Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
* Customer service oriented with the ability to deal with multiple constituencies (faculty, technicians, vendors, University departments, etc.).
* Must thrive in a team environment.
Preferred: Experience with Access databases.
*Reference Number:* 40-29846
*Salary Grade:* 026
*Employment Type:* Exempt
*Org:* DM-Gene Therapy Program
*Job Family:* B-Executive/Managerial Administration