Job DescriptionGeorge Fox University
announces a full-time, 11-month, administrative position in the Graduate School of Clinical Psychology, to begin in August 2021. Our department consists of 12 full-time faculty members, with a community-focused ethos and an interpersonally collaborative and supportive approach. The faculty team is dynamic and innovative, and the program has long been well-respected nationally (e.g. strong match rates to APA-Accredited and APPIC internships).
The responsibilities of this position would include oversight of the growing on-campus community mental health training clinic (Behavioral Health Clinic - BHC) including oversight of the clinic's practicum students. The BHC serves as a practicum placement exclusive to George Fox PsyD students. The position will involve protected time for program development (advancing interdisciplinary collaboration and developing community agency partnerships). Program development and collaboration are significant aims of the BHC and of the academic arm (Wellness Enterprise) where the BHC is housed. The position also involves administration oversight of an APA-Accredited Health Service Psychology Internship, which involves direct collaboration with a regional medical system. Those with Primary Care psychology experience are especially encouraged to apply. Finally, a one course teaching assignment in the GSCP will be part of this role.George Fox University
, a Christ-centered community, prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. Professors teach all truth as God's truth, integrating all fields of learning around the person and work of Jesus Christ, bringing the divine revelations through sense, reason, and intuition to the confirming test of Scripture. As a Christ- centered community, George Fox University is an institution that values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become a more inclusive community, we especially encourage applications from individuals who can help us achieve our diversity.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide oversight of the on-campus community mental health clinic staffed by predoctoral trainees and the clinic's practicum students.
- Program development for the clinic (e.g., community contracts, advancing interdisciplinary collaboration)
- Administration of an APA-Accredited Health Service Psychology Internship consortium with Providence Medical Group providing training in primary care psychology.
- Teaching one course within the GSCP in areas such as primary care or clinical practice.
- Option to develop and sustain an ongoing program of relevant scholarship.
- Participation in the work of the department and the university, including advising and serving on university committees as needed.
Salary and Rank
- PsyD or Ph.D. in a relevant field required
- Experience with interprofessional collaboration and behavioral health
- Supervision experience is preferred
- Program development vision and experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in integrated healthcare settings is preferred, particularly with knowledge of the Primary Care Behavioral Health (PCBH) model.
- Oregon licensed or license-eligible psychologist
- A commitment to working with a diverse population of students is essential; demonstrated experience in this area is preferred.
- All applicants must express a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and express their Christian testimony in a local In addition, professors agree to live in agreement with the Community Lifestyle Statement and affirm the theological commitments expressed in the Statement of Faith.
- Candidates must have legal authority to permanently work in the S. and be a resident of one of the following states: Oregon, Washington, California, Idaho, New York, Ohio, or Texas.
Appointment at the Assistant Professor level is anticipated, though candidates with significant teaching experience at previous institutions may be considered for appointment at the rank of Associate Professor. Salary and benefits are competitive with comparable institutions.Application Procedures - kindly apply only through this website
When completing the online application, please upload the following as Word or .pdf documents in the section marked Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, and Essay Requirement
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Faith and learning essay*
- Statement of supervision philosophy
- Statement of interprofessional collaboration, program development philosophy, and familiarity with the Primary Care Behavioral Health (PCBH) model
Other supporting materials may be requested at a later stage of the review process.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply at once. Review of applications will begin on a rolling basis and continue until the position is filled.
Questions may be directed to David Cimbora, firstname.lastname@example.org
*INTEGRATION OF FAITH AND LEARNING ESSAY George Fox University is committed to the idea that one of the primary responsibilities of Christian higher education is to help students develop a uniquely Christian worldview. As teachers and mentors, it is important for George Fox University faculty members to integrate Christian faith and principles in all aspects of their lives. As an essential part of the application process, the University will carefully consider your response to the following: In a one-page essay (about 300 words) describe your personal Christian faith, as well as how your faith informs your teaching, scholarship, and service (including service and leadership in your church and/or in Christian ministries)