Want to take your long, grinding work days in the hospital and apply your skills and share your knowledge in a student environment? Want to change your routine for a day or two a week? Platt College's Veterinary Technology program offers labs with students completing their Associates Degree program to earn their license and needs RVTs to be involved in training these eager students in hands-on skills in a lab environment. This is your opportunity to get your foot in the door of the veterinary academic world and hone your teaching skills!
The Distance Education Veterinary Technology (VT) Instructor is responsible for providing quality distance education instruction to students that meet the program and course objectives. The Distance Education VT Instructor should maintain an organized, disciplined distance education classroom environment that is conducive to learning and imparts the requirements of the relevant workplace setting to existing students.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Credentials and Experience:
- Understanding of education environments including needs of adult learners
- Ability to provide a positive and effective learning environment
- Knowledge and understanding of professional career paths for which students are enrolled
- Motivation, dedication and enthusiasm for teaching
- Good Organization and Communication Skills
*Local candidates within a 45 mile commuting range of AlhambraEmployment Status:
- Minimum of 4 years' experience as a Veterinary Technician
- Current California RVT license
- Associate's degree from an AVMA accredited school in Veterinary Technology required
- Work experience should include several years of practice and experience in management and/or training
Adjunct, hourly, non-exempt.
Applicants must submit a complete online application that includes the items listed:
- Adjunct faculty hours are determined by the scheduled courses in a particular module. Adjunct faculty are scheduled as needed with no guarantee of hours at any time and scheduled hours are generally under 25 per week. Adjunct faculty are required to drive to the Agoura Hills clinical facility 2 days a week during clinical lab sessions (each session is 5 -10 weeks in length, three times a year).
- Platt College Application
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Complete transcripts of all colleges/university studies, including degree earned (copies will be accepted)
-Transcripts must include degree awarded and confer date
Foreign Transcripts: Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USAAbout Platt College
Platt College Los Angeles consists of four Southern California campuses located in Alhambra, Ontario, Riverside and Anaheim. Platt offers certificate and degree programs in several subject areas including school of graphic design, business and legal studies, medical sciences, and information technology. Since our opening in 1985, Platt College has been dedicated to the principle that education is the foundation for personal and professional growth, and that students should have the opportunity to develop to their full potential.
At Platt College, our mission is to provide a balanced program of instruction for our students to help them acquire the specialized knowledge and skills they need to take advantage of exciting career opportunities in many of today's in-demand fields. We at Platt College continuously update our offerings to best serve the needs of students and employers in today's dynamic Southern California business environment.We Offer:
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Platt College offers a competitive and excellent benefits package providing medical, dental, and vision benefits for eligible employees and their dependents.
- A highly competitive pay and eligible employees are entitled to receive paid vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays.
- Professional opportunities in a growing organization.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Platt College Los Angeles, LLC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion (including religious dress/grooming practices), creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), age, national origin, marital or registered domestic partnership status, veteran status or military status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, including genetic characteristics or genetic information, medical condition, ancestry, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law or by local ordinance.
Powered by JazzHR