Job DescriptionJob Description:
The Department of Computer Science and Information Systems at Southern Utah University invites applications for part-time adjunct faculty position to begin August 2021.
The preferred candidate holds a Ph.D. in Cybersecurity or Major/Emphasis or a Master's degree in Cybersecurity, or in Information Systems, Information Technology, or Computer Science with an emphasis in Cybersecurity.
Graduate students with teaching experience or strong desire to teach are encouraged to apply. This position is for online remote instruction. The candidate may not need to reside in Southern Utah.Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Primary responsibilities include teaching undergraduate (Ph.D. or Masters)/graduate (Ph.D. only) Cybersecurity courses, use of effective teaching strategies, and curriculum development. Additional responsibilities may be needed to support a robust and dynamic environment for student learning.
- Provide quality educational experiences in Cybersecurity for majors and non-majors
- Active participation and collaboration with the department to enhance a robust Cybersecurity curriculum based upon industry standards as communicated by an Industry Advisory Board (IAB).
- Participate in and support the continuance of the program accreditation within the Department.
Documents Needed to Apply:
- PhD or Master's degree in Cybersecurity or closely related field with emphasis in Cyber Security
- Commitment to quality teaching.
- Good communication skills and the ability to interact positively with faculty, staff, and students.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Southern Utah University (SUU) is the University of the Parks thanks to its proximity to several outdoor recreational areas and its educational partnerships with the National Park Service. SUU's safe, residential campus allows students (more than 10,000) to create lifelong friendships along with once-in-a-lifetime outdoor adventures in conjunction with innovative academic endeavors.
Southern Utah University is committed to maintaining a community which recognizes and values the worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, understanding, and mutual respect among its members; and encourages individual commitment to personal responsibilities in equal measure with personal rights. In pursuit of its goal of academic excellence, the University seeks to develop and nurture diversity. The University believes that diversity among its many members strengthens the institution, stimulates creativity, promotes the exchange of ideas, and enriches campus life.
Southern Utah University does not discriminate against any member of the University community on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable law in employment, treatment, admission, access to educational programs and activities, or other University benefits or services. Job Posted by ApplicantPro