Administrative Coordinator, Government Affairs
United States - District of Columbia - Washington
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions. Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
We have an exciting opportunity for an Administrative Coordinator who will provide administrative support for Gilead's Vice President for Federal Government Affairs and the Vice President for State Government Affairs. We are looking for someone who can be nimble and proactive in a dynamic and fast-paced organization. The Administrative Coordinator will have exceptional administrative, organizational and communication skills. This position requires a confident and capable demeanor and strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with all levels of employees across a variety of functions.Responsibilities:
- Understands the goals and priorities of the department to effectively manage a workload involving multiple projects and timelines
- Provides administrative support to Federal and State Government Affairs VPs which includes managing day-to-day office operations, planning & scheduling meetings, preparing presentations, etc.
- Actively maintains the VPs' calendar to anticipate scheduling issues, manage changes and resolve conflicts; screens and prioritizes mail and email
- Compiles State Government Affairs' weekly report information and facilitates formatting, final review and distribution
- Coordinates and compiles briefing books for political association and trade group meetings, as well as team projects such as surveys on drug pricing legislation
- Captures, collects, records, tracks and verifies complex data and information from multiple sources
- Creates graphs, charts, spreadsheets and presentations and drafts documents using Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Schedules meetings and works with the VPs to prepare agendas, record notes and follow up on action items
- Tracks expenses and files expense reports on behalf of the VPs
- Arranges for conference and meeting registrations
- Responsible for coordinating large events including planning, organizing and implementation of event activities. Liaises with guests and speakers to coordinate travel, hotel, expense reports and tools and materials for presentations.
- Supports the team to process contracts and invoices for associations, and maintain tracking system to ensure alignment with compliance requirements and reporting
- Coordinates preparation of the annual budget, reviews monthly budget and researches variances
- Assists and collaborates with IT and facilities on space planning or office set-up for new hires
- Able to work on-site in Washington D.C.
- Keeps the big picture in mind and influences workflows accordingly
- Knowledgeable and understanding of administrative and office policies and procedures
- Exceptional professionalism to discretely handle confidential material, including sensitive financial information
- Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills of technical documents
- High school diploma
- 3-5+ years administrative experience in a large multinational organization
- AA/BA degree
- Experience supporting leaders within the Government Affairs space
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
'] To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---District-of-Columbia---Washington/Administrative-Coordinator--Government-Affairs_R0022841-2
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency