United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions. Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The purpose of this internship is to prepare undergraduate students for an entry into the business world by providing a thorough understanding of the Corporate Finance functions of Gilead Sciences that will include theory and practical application of attained educational knowledge. Gilead Finance offers you the opportunity to pursue a career in health care while providing the flexibility to work across the various business functions as we work together to help patients. Finance is a unique function that supports every area of the business by providing financial leadership, setting company strategy, and managing the financials by helping to analyze budgets and forecast and maximize profits.
The program will provide real world experience for 8 - 10 weeks. Interns are expected to work a minimum of 40 hours per week during the length of their internship, unless otherwise specified by their manager. The internship will provide opportunities for career development as well as networking opportunities to understand the industry and function.Internship Duties:Financial Planning / Investments
Product / Service
- Research, analyze, and present a primary research project as directed by a supervisor
- Support Gilead's on-going close and forecast activities.
- Investigate variances between forecast and results.
- Support financial analysis and budgeting for Gilead expense departments
- Participate in compliance record keeping.
- Assist in preparing ad hoc reporting and analysis to inform business decisions
- Understand the basic target marketing of (product or service).
- Gain substantial knowledge into (our industry/field/product or service)
Internship Candidate / Student Requirements
- Gain an understanding of the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry
- Work in a corporate finance environment
- Develop planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Increase knowledge of computer skills and technology.
- Develop team-based work competencies.
- Develop interpersonal skills in order to communicate with employees.
- Develop interpersonal skills in order to communicate with day-to-day business contacts through follow up calls
- Develop interpersonal skills in order to communicate with external clients.
- Undergraduate student with a 2.8 GPA or better.
- Energetic, organized and detailed skilled with today's technology.
- Ability to dedicate 40 hours per week to this intern program.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team-based environment
- Independent worker.
- The primary incentive in this program is the opportunity to investigate a career opportunity in the biotechnology industry with hands on experience prior to graduation.
- Once completed, the intern will have sufficient knowledge necessary to determine if a career in the bio science industry is the right opportunity to pursue.
- You will develop skills vitally important in today's business environment including Team - based interaction, the ability to manage outcome without having direct authority over others and the capability to aid in the definition and the direction of the local firm's initiatives.
- You will gain a full understanding of the day-to-day operations of a biotechnology organization.
Method of Compensation
- An intern should expect to spend a minimum of 40 hours per week in structured activities in our local office.
- This will be a paid internship.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2552489&targetURL=mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/FP-A-Intern_R0022940
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency