Research Scientist - Formulation & Process Development
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions. Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
['Research Scientist - Formulation & Process Development
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
Gilead Sciences has an opportunity for an experienced candidate in our Formulation & Process Development group at our Headquarters in Foster City, CA. We are seeking motivated, team-oriented individuals with scientific experience with lab work related to small molecules.Essential Duties and Job Functions:
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- The candidate will be expected to be FPD lead on preclinical projects. The candidate will collaborate with the Discovery Research group and evaluate the chemical stability, pH-solubility, dissociation constants of preclinical compounds. The candidate will be responsible to prepare formulations to support in-vivo studies.
- The candidate will collaborate with the Process Chemistry team to identify the final form.
- The candidate will conduct the pre-formulation studies including the solid-state and solution state characterization of the compound. Analytical methods such as UV-Vis, LC-MS, DSC, DVS, UPLC, HPLC, SEM could be used to conduct the pre-formulation studies.
- The candidate will participate in the formulation, process development and manufacturing of drug products.
- The candidate will may lead Drug Product technology transfer from process development to clinical and commercial manufacturing sites, serve as the technical representative during fill/finish operations and participate in technical troubleshooting. Assist in technical review of batch records for lot release and CMO summary reports.
- Experience with Regulatory Filings including authoring relevant sections of INDs/CTDs is desired
- The applicant should be an effective communicator of ideas, project goals and results to team members across cross-functional roles/departments. Ability to proactively identify issues and develop solutions in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary environment.
- Candidates should be self-motivated and organized, familiar with the relevant literature, enjoy scientific investigation and thinking, proactively identify issues, and develop solutions.
- The applicant is also expected to exercise considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Applies drug product formulation development principles and techniques to products and problems.
- Works under supervision of more senior scientists or scientific directors to analyzes laboratory experimentation and advance the development of state-of-the-art techniques to characterize drug product formulations and processes.
- Presents results of work, interprets data, and draws conclusions regarding presented material and nature of work.
- Maintains full working knowledge of principles and theories, applying such knowledge to the direction that supports company interests.
- Demonstrates emerging ability in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and interpreting experimental outcomes.
- Thinks critically and creatively and is able to work independently, determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems and have strong organizational and planning skills.
- Participates in group meetings. Presents results of work, interprets data, and draws conclusions regarding presented material and nature of work.
- May make contributions to scientific literature and conferences through publication and presentation of research results.
- Demonstrates excellent writing and communication skills (both verbal and technical) and strong interpersonal skills.
- PhD in a related scientific discipline with 0 to 3 years of industry experience
- MS Degree in a related scientific discipline with 9+ years of industry experience
- BS Degree in related scientific discipline with 11+ years of industry experience.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
'] To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Research-Scientist---Formulation---Process-Development_R0022931-1
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency