Director, PBO Strategy
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions. Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. As part of our rapidly growing science-driven organization, colleagues at Gilead are revolutionizing healthcare by bringing urgently needed medicines to patients in the areas of HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, hematology and oncology, inflammation and respiratory diseases and cardiovascular conditions. We are proud to have some of the most talented colleagues from across the research, healthcare, pharmaceutical, biotechnology & business sectors, working together and supporting each other to help make a real difference to the lives of patients.Director, Pharmaceutical and Biologics Strategy and Operations
The Director, Pharmaceutical and Biologics Strategy and Operations will work closely with the PBO Leadership team, Human Resources, and Finance to ensure collaboration, cross-functional clarity and alignment on strategy and operations. This role will have a particular focus on People strategy. Scope of the role includes:
- Managing and planning PBO Leadership Team processes at the operational and strategic levels
- Ensuring clear definition and overall successful execution of functional goals related to Development Products, Commercial Supply, People, and Capabilities
- Linking overall departmental strategy to specific product, team, and functional initiatives
- Leading and participating in strategic projects as needed in order to support the business.
- Lead and manage PBO strategy development and ensure key strategies are deployed and acted on
- Manage and facilitate regular meetings for the PBO Leadership Team and the leadership sub-teams responsible for Pharmaceutical and Biologics strategy and operations
- Develop, communicate, and track execution of PBO People strategy, in close collaboration and partnership with HR and Finance
- Develop and refine functional business reviews (Quarterly Business Reviews) for all PBO functions, in close partnership with the PBO Leadership team
- Establish working, collaborative relationships with key cross functional stakeholders within PDM and Gilead. Represent PBO on cross-functional initiatives as needed
- Lead strategic initiatives related to organizational design, product strategy, and business process improvement from development through successful implementation / execution
- Work with the PBO LT, HR, and Finance to ensure priorities are aligned cross-functionally, departmental leaders are collaborating, and leadership team processes are supporting effective collaboration
- Support and lead work in other strategic areas as needed.
Gilead Core Values
- BS required. MBA and/or graduate degree desired.
- 12+ years of biopharmaceutical industry experience
- Significant technical experience in CMC development, commercial manufacturing, supply chain management, or other related discipline
- High business acumen and strategic thinking ability
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities, as well as critical thinking that results in significant business value
- Proven experience in stakeholder management and the ability to lead cross-functional collaboration
- Ability to influence, lead consensus-building, and manage conflict in challenging situations
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills required
- Demonstrated ability to manage deliverables and timelines across senior teams, including synthesizing of information from disparate sources
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and deal effectively with ambiguity
- Attention to detail, ability to organize data required
- Integrity (Doing What's Right)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
'] To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Director--PBO-Strategy_R0022909-2
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency