Sr Manager, Corporate Development
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions. Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is looking to hire a full-time Senior Manager for its Corporate Development team. Reporting directly to the Corporate Development Senior Director, this individual will gain significant exposure to all aspects of the Corporate Development function through supporting the following activities:
- Potential investment, drug licensing, partnerships, and/or acquisition projects
- Cross-functional coordination of due diligence efforts for opportunities of interest
- Market analysis, forecasting, and financial modeling as needed
- Early sourcing and triage of potential opportunities as needed
- Development and maintenance of strong external relationships with potential partners
- Creation of business case presentations for senior leadership and board of directors
- Structuring and negotiation of potential deal terms
- Minimum education and years of relevant experience, including experience in biotech/pharma sector and/or professional services (e.g. consulting, finance, legal, and/or corporate experience in a relevant function)
- B.S./B.A. + 8 or more years of experience
- M.B.A./Masters + 6 or more years of experience
- J.D. + transaction specific experience and industry knowledge
- Must have demonstrated interest in the biopharma industry and shown capability to develop knowledge of specific disease areas and products/companies
- Excellent analytical, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills required
- Must have basic understanding of financial accounting and valuation. Strong forecasting and financial modeling capability is a plus
- Must be able to perform routine work without detailed instructions
- Experience leading or managing cross-functional projects is a plus
- Typically requires a BA or BS degree, chemical/biological sciences preferred
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.\u200b
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
'] To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Manager--Corporate-Development_R0022946
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency