Sr. Research Associate I, Analytical Ops
Canada - Alberta - Edmonton
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions. Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
['Senior Research Associate I, Analytical Operations
Gilead Sciences in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada is seeking a knowledgeable and motivated professional capable of working effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment. The successful candidate will assume a full-time employment role in the capacity of Senior Research Associate I, Analytical Operations in Gilead Alberta's Analytical Operations department.
The Senior Research Associate I will be a part of the Analytical Core Team (ACT) group in Analytical Chemistry. This is a key business role within Analytical Development. This individual will support clinical and commercial projects. The incumbent will support method development, validation, and transfer activities, as well as to provide timely analytical support to Process Development.Specific Responsibilities
Knowledge & Skills
- Plans and executes assigned experiments that support development activities and project goals.
- Selects appropriate methods and techniques in performing experiments.
- Develops analytical methods.
- Recommends alternatives, researches new methods and techniques and proactively seeks out senior personnel to discuss potential solutions to problems.
- Participates in group meetings. Presents results of work, interprets data, and draws conclusions regarding presented material and nature of work.
- Uses good verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills to provide insight into the processes used to achieve results of assigned tasks.
- Recognize anomalous and inconsistent results and interpret experimental outcomes.
- Continues to develop skills in data analysis and ability to evaluate quality of data.
- Trains new analysts on specific analytical techniques.
- Writes and revises test methods, reports and memos.
Required Education & Experience
- Previous experience conducting and analyzing data for analytical methods such as UPLC/HPLC, Dissolution, KF titration, GC, DSC/TGA, particle size, XRPD, disintegration, etc.
- Excellent technical and laboratory skills to execute analyses efficiently and reliably in GMP regulated analytical environments
- Strong working knowledge of cGMP and quality control (QC)
- Deep understanding of experimentation and data analysis using Empower software (Version III)
- Working knowledge of software such as Microsoft Office LIMS, LabX, electronic notebooks, Trackwise, etc.
- Demonstrates effective time management skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team with internal and external clients, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Demonstrates the ability to clearly and concisely present/explain testing and analysis results to multiple internal audiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with people from a wide range of skill levels and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biology or equivalent with a minimum of two (2) years of relevant industry experience Or a Masters' Degree
- Knowledge in HPLC, GC, titration, KF, and laboratory investigation support.
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.yello.co/external/form/24a8oU4jF5UL3CKq7lO_Cg About Gilead
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
'] To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Canada---Alberta---Edmonton/Sr-Associate-Scientist--Analytical-Ops_R0021913-2
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency