Supply Chain Distribution Specialist
Ireland - Dublin
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions. Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
['Key duties and responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
- Performs routine administrative and/or physical tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing, and distributing of Gilead products/inventory.
- Inputs information regarding movement and handling of products in a computerized inventory system. Organizes and maintains accurate records associated with Distribution activities.
- Performs basic transactions associated with Distribution processes through internal and external computer systems.
- Adheres consistently to SOPs and cGMPs.
- Escalates deviations in process or product to supervisor, to ensure on-time delivery of material and return of rejected or unsuitable orders.
- Notifies relevant departments as items are received, shipped or processed, as required.
- Physically examines incoming or outgoing shipments, products or samples to ensure they meet specifications and match paperwork. Identifies and records deviations and escalates to supervisor.
- May perform, or operate machinery to perform, routine physical handling of items, including assembling packaging, affixing shipping labels and instructions to packaging, moving shipments.
- May perform basic tasks associated with sampling of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs), excipients and packaging components. Identifies and escalates deviations to supervisor.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Relevant experience in a GMP/GDP focused Distribution centre. Previous experience in pharmaceutical environment is essential.
- Strong knowledge of GMP/GDP/ regulatory requirements, Quality managements systems, housekeeping, health and safety.
- Previous experience or working knowledge supporting EH&S would be a distinct advantage.
- Previous experience or working knowledge on inventory management would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Solid record of attention to detail and strict adherence to procedures.
- Previous experience or working knowledge of the Lean principles and methodologies would be a distinct advantage.
- Building and managing partnerships cross functionally.
- Ability to work on own initiative, innovate and review current processes and practices.
- Proficient and experienced with SAP, WMS / IM and TMS systems in general.
- Able to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Previous experience of working within a Known Consignor and AEO approved warehouse.
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
'] To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Ireland---Dublin/Supply-Chain-Distribution-Specialist_R0022003
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency