The Cancer Immunology Discovery group at Pfizer is seeking a highly motivated and creative Senior Scientist to join the T cell activation and PDx resistance team to identify and evaluate novel therapies in the fields of Cancer Immunotherapy. The successful candidate will have expertise in T/NK cell biology, the tumor microenvironment, target validation and a track record of success in immune-oncology drug discovery. The candidate will work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment. S/He is expected to conduct bench work, keep up with relevant research field, and move drug development via interactions with cross-function groups.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Discover and develop new therapeutic modalities for cancer immunotherapy targeting T cells or NK cells
- Manage an independent research program
- Design and execute in vitro cell line or primary cell based experiments and optimize the assays for antibody drug candidate screening
- Execute mechanistic, PD, and biomarker studies for preclinical-stage therapies using in vivo mouse models and ex vivo assays, including but not limited to multi-parameter flow cytometry, target expression analysis and functional assays.
- Collaborate with protein engineering, translational pharmacology, PK/PD, toxicology, computational biology, and clinical development group to pursue the most promising drug candidates.
- Participate and present in internal and external project meetings as well as at site and cross-site meetings.
- Record experimental protocols/results in detail and write technical reports for regulatory filings.
- Ph.D. degree with 1+ years or B.S. degree with 10+ years, or M.S. degree with 7+ years of experience.
- Technical expertise with immune cell-based functional assays (e.g. activation, differentiation, and proliferation by using T cells or NK cells).
- Experience with flow cytometry (Fortessa and/or Cytek Aurora), ELISA, MSD, reporter assays or cytotoxic assays (CTG and/or LDH assays).
- Ability to independently design, plan, execute, and interpret experiments.
- Ability to manage an independent research program with minimal supervision.
- Previous industrial experience and knowledge of drug discovery.
- Experience in development of antibodies/bispecifics targeting T cells or NK cells.
- Proficiency in high-parameter immune phenotyping of immune cells (isolated from mouse and/or human tissues) by Flow Cytometry (comfortable running at least 10-color panels, including intracellular staining).
- Experience with various murine tumor and/or infectious disease models.
- Proficiency in human PBMC and primary mouse cell culture.
- Excellent organization and planning skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently or as part of a team, good verbal and written communication, and strong motivation with a dedicated work ethic.
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- Standing, sitting, bending, lifting, walking in a laboratory setting.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in a BSL-2 laboratory.
- Standard business office conditions; sitting, standing as appropriate.
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral BonusPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development