The High-throughput Clinical Immunoassays & Diagnostics (HCID) Teamresides under Vaccine Research & Development (VRD) and supports Pfizer's vaccine programs. HCID's mission is to develop, validate and maintain various immunoassays to support both pre-clinical and clinical vaccine studies. This laboratory-based position manages assay support functions within the Robotics and Automation Team. Job responsibilities include: (i) providing managerial oversight of assay throughput for assays at various stages within the assay lifecycle; (ii) scheduling of the daily assay throughput; (iii) forecasting short- and long-term project requirements, (iv) assuring appropriate levels of cGXP compliance, including documentation, specimen/data tracking, and audit readiness; (v) maintaining and promoting laboratory safety and compliance and (vi) coaching and development of direct reports.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the assay support functions within VRD HCID to maintain the timely delivery of assay-ready plates for all assay groups, in support of VRD's vaccine programs.
- In conjunction with process development and equipment maintenance functions within the Robotics and Automation group, ensures that the proper resources, both human and equipment, are in place to support the various programs.
- Maintains oversight of other required activities, including but not limited to robotic method wet run testing, instrument and method qualification.
- Regularly communicates with both HCID leadership and assay groups in order to assess upcoming testing requirements and to obtain relevant information for the preparation of assay ready plates.
- Prioritizes the scheduling of work according to the requirements set forth by HCID leadership.
- Ensures that all work is performed safely; and regulated tasks/activities are performed in compliance with cGXP and Pfizer/Regulatory agency requirements.
- Manages the team's performance and development. Assists direct and indirect reports with setting their semester goals and creating a personal development plan. Provides regular coaching to colleagues. Conducts regular performance discussions and year-end performance appraisals.
- Manages a team of 3 to 8 direct reports.
- BS in a scientific discipline with 8 years of industry experience or MS in a scientific discipline with 6 years of industry experience. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Previous supervisory experience is required.
- Prior experience in a high throughput setting is preferred, specifically with resource allocation and scheduling of work. Experience with the use of robotic liquid handlers and other laboratory automation equipment. Training in cGxP regulations and other international regulatory guidelines is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with immunoassays.
- Proven ability to perform basic analyses of laboratory data and interpret the results.
Work is primarily performed at the laboratory bench or at an office desk using a computer. The job involves lifting relatively light loads, generally not more than 10 pounds. NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
This position may require occasional weekend and evening work to meet critical business timelines. This position may require occasional travel to scientific meetings, between Pfizer sites and other business-related travel.Other Job Details
Eligible for Relocation Package Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development