NOTE: This position supports the Regulatory Organization and candidates should have strong regulatory background.
Provides strong technical expertise and program leadership required for the development and implementation of global training and educational projects in support of clinical research, medical, pharmacovigilance, regulatory, and quality. This position requires extensive instructional design and program management skills as well as the ability to work with senior stakeholders to establish strategy for training and educational programs. Prior experience with the design, development and implementation of quality global educational programs, advanced learning program management, technical and communication skills are required. Leads cross-functional teams on key programs to align with global business objectives to meet critical needs across the organization. Experience working with senior leadership to direct and manage the overall educational program and training development, deployment and maintenance process as needed. In collaboration with business stakeholders, define educational strategies to ensure that customers are provided the necessary training to perform the requirements of the role. Ensures that the training design incorporates diverse and innovative methodologies to meet training standards and quality. Manage and deliver instructor-led training courses as identified.
As the educational program lead for projects, works with stakeholders to establish support levels, strategy, and operational educational programs for departmental, Business Units (BUs) and enterprise level training initiatives. Responsibilities include:
• Manage deliverables according to endorsed plans and timelines across multi-functional teams.
• Manage development of courseware strategy including course design, development and deployment.
• Partner with associated business line and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to proactively identify training needs and development and deployment of training programs.
• Develop processes, as needed, and monitor activities related to compliance oversight of training programs.
• Ensure programs and projects are evaluated for effectiveness and customer satisfaction and that feedback is shared and utilized as part of the continuous improvement process.
• Ensure course assignments are appropriate through interaction with governance bodies and partner organizations.
• Development of metrics and performance measures, reporting and analysis to meet business needs, and regulatory requirements
• Budget management; develop and manage budget for training projects.
• Ensure compliance to training and education regulatory requirements and consistent implementation of best practices, standards, and training globally to support inspection readiness
• Mentor colleagues or peers and serve as a role model
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
• BS - 10 years in pharmaceutical industry with focus on pharmacovigilance, regulatory and clinical.
• MS - 7 years in pharmaceutical industry with focus on pharmacovigilance, regulatory and clinical.
• Ph.D./PharmD/ MD - 5 years in pharmaceutical industry with focus on pharmacovigilance, regulatory and clinical.
• Experience working globally with organizations/teams/individuals
• Advanced business knowledge of Clinical Research & Development, Pharmacovigilance, and/or Regulatory in the pharmaceutical industry.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, highly complex projects concurrently.
• Prior experience in monitoring adherence to compliance-based training programs.
• Demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate effectively.
• Ability to implement large-scale change in complex, matrix organizations
• Required Computer Experience:
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, OneNote, Excel, Word, PowerPoint,), Adobe Acrobat, survey tools.
• Experience working globally with organizations/teams/individuals
As the educational program lead for assigned functional areas and/or projects/initiatives, work with stakeholders including global business and functional lines, including clinical, regulatory, pharmacovigilance, medical, development operations, medical and corporate compliance, in support of training and education. Interacts with cross -functional study teams, functional area teams, vendors/contractors, and regional development areas. Key relationships include senior leaders and area experts.
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
Other Job Details
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Eligible for Relocation Package: NO
Additional Posting Locations: Europe - Any Pfizer Site; Europe - Remote; United States - Connecticut - Groton; United States - New Jersey - Peapack; United States - Pennsylvania - Collegeville; United States - New York - Manhattan; United States - Remote
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.