What You Will Achieve
We are seeking an individual at the BS/MS level to join the Pfizer NGS Technology Center. This individual will interface with a diverse set of colleagues to support the application of NGS technologies to portfolio projects across all supported therapeutic areas covering discovery, preclinical and clinical assay needs. This individual will be part of a team that carries out all in-house NGS assay experimentation and development including the design, execution of laboratory experiments (including use of robotic automation systems) validation of test data, as well as preparation of associated documentation and reports. This person will also carry out upstream Quality Control (QC) and initial bioinformatic processing of NGS data before handing off to computational biologist for downstream analyses. The successful candidate must be technically skilled to perform sample collection/ handling, tissue dissociation, isolation of RNA or DNA from tissues and cells and be excited to inquire about and apply the latest and most cutting-edge molecular biology/ NGS-based technologies. Meticulous attention to detail, proficient reasoning and problem-solving skills in experimental design are a must.How You Will Achieve It
- Perform and maintain competency in complex Next Generation Sequencing assays/tasks according to established operational procedures under supervision.
- Familiarity and interest to deploy automation workflows on robotic NGS library prep equipment.
- Carries out all lab-based activities: sample preparation, library construction/QC data generation, upstream data processing/QC to ensure high level of quality and reliability of generated results.
- Effectively optimizing and troubleshooting NGS library preparation.
- Application of TapeStation and other nucleic acid analysis techniques to library construction quality control.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for NGS technologies, provides guidance on experimental design, method or platform selection, and data management to address a specific need.
- Educates other scientists and provides hands-on training of tech center equipment and delivers internal presentations when applicable.
- Keeps current and stays at the cutting edge of various NGS platforms and technical innovations.
- Drafts experimental plans, validation reports, work instructions and SOPs.
- Role has potential for leadership opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree and previous 6+ years of experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job or Master's degree and 4+ years of previous experience.
- At least 2-3 years of wet lab experience with NGS assay development, validation, troubleshooting, and reviewing of run QC data.
- Knowledge of different NGS platforms (like bulk RNASeq, scRNASeq, spatial tx, targeted RNASeq, amplicon-based sequencing, Chipseq and/or other NGS assays).
- Experience in DNA/RNA extraction, nucleic acid quantitation and QC analysis.
- Must be self-motivated and able to learn quickly.
- Must be goal oriented and focused on completing work on time.
- Must be fluent in English both oral and written and possess good communication skills.
- Full understanding of laboratory requirements and SOPs.
Other Job Details
- Experience with plate-based robotic automation platforms for nucleic acid isolation, QC and library preparation.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Eligible for relocation support
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development