What You Will Achieve
Pfizer ORD Comp Bio multi-omics team is seeking a talented, self-motivated bioinformatics scientist with strong background in web application & pipeline development and data management. The successful candidate will work closely with multi-omics team to design and implement cutting-edge data analysis platform, including but not limited to cloud computing, cloud storage and R shiny portal. The role will also be responsible to configure, optimize and routinely operate upstream data intake, tracking and processing pipeline for established data analysis platform. Additionally, the candidates will enable the integration and interpretation of large scale internal and external biological data sets. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills and technical backgrounds allowing for smooth interaction with computational biologists and experimental biologist.What You Will Achieve
- Maintain, refine, manage and support established R Shiny server and R Shiny web portal
- Manage and operate routine data validation, tracking and analysis pipeline, ensure data integrity and security, and deliver upstream analysis results in a timely manner.
- Integrate and curate internal and external data sets, to construct robust, comprehensive, and reproducible resources.
- Maintain awareness of emerging standards and methods in computational biology and applications for novel omics technologies
- Contribute scientific analyses to complex multi-omics projects, under guidance of senior computational scientists.
- Support novel development and data analysis requirement for CompBio community.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of experience or Master's Degree with 3 years of experience in Computational Biology
- Hands-on experience with web application and pipeline design, development, and administration.
- In-depth understanding and experience with data management (e.g. permissions, security, backup, and monitoring).
- Demonstrated experience using UNIX/Linux and shell scripting languages (Bash) and common programming languages (R, Perl or Python).
OTHER JOB DETAILS
- Ability to work independently as well as being a part of the team.
- Exceptional communication skills (oral and written) to effectively interact with both computational biologists and experimental biologist.
- trong background in omics pipeline and web application development.
- Experience and deep understanding of proteomics, NGS and other omics datasets, including RNASeq, single cell RNASeq, or WES.
- Deep understanding of the statistical methods commonly used in omics analysis.
- Demonstrated experience applying computational and statistical approaches to deliver analysis result e.g. multivariate and machine learning approaches.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Last Date to Apply: October 20th, 2021
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development