Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
As a Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. You will be part of a team that is addressing the critical task of rejuvenating our pipeline with innovative, differentiated First-In-Class/ Only-In-Class programs in the years to come. This will be addressed by generation of strong data packages from target hypotheses derived from academic outreach and initiatives. You will be an essential member of this team and creatively design and execute key experiments to address the basic and translational biology of novel drug targets, their molecular pathways, and their connection to human disease. With your deep knowledge in the discipline, you will be an active team member who influences at the project team level. You will be using your scientific judgment to adapt standard methods and techniques by applying prior work experience and consulting others. Your ability to plan will help in preparing short-term work activities on projects. Your creativity in developing novel processes and new ideas will be used frequently. You will undertake mentoring activities to guide your team members.
It is your innovative scientific temperament that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
The incumbent will join a team responsible for the generation of antibodies as tool reagents for antigen and vaccine candidate characterization as well as for development of assays for clinical testing and other downstream activities. The focus will be on development of monoclonal antibodies through hybridoma fusion and demonstration of functional activity. Additional responsibilities will be to lead Molecular Biology activities to support cloning and sequencing of antibody heavy and light chain as well as transient transfection, expression, and characterization. The ability to work in team and matrix settings, write reports, standard operating procedures ( SOPs) and contribute to publications for peer review is required. ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute experiments to generate monoclonal antibodies through hybridoma technology to support the goals of program teams.
- Demonstrated capability of multitasking project tasks and their priorities; handle various tasks in parallel while demonstrating problem solving skills in the planning and execution of objectives.
- Interpret and summarize experimental data. Participate in the evaluation of new methods or technologies.
- Present experimental results at group meetings, project meetings, and department meetings, as required.
- Prepare research reports and SOPs; contribute to writing of publications and regulatory documents.
- Maintain laboratory notebook in a detailed and descriptive manner.
- MS with 6 years relevant experience (industry preferred), BS with 8 years relevant experience (industry preferred) including antibody, molecular biology and/or immunology experience.
- Experience with hybridoma technology including hands-on-skills in the performance of fusions as well as downstream screening and characterization activities for the generation of monoclonal antibodies in mice and rabbits.
- Molecular Biology experience required.
- Experience in cell culture work with various mammalian cell lines.
- Hands-on experience in protein analytics such as ELISA, Luminex, Octet/Biacore, and/or Flow cytometry (FACS).
- Ability to write independently and develop SOPs, reports, internal communication as well as sound presentation skills to present scientific data internally.
- Understanding of relevant work in the scientific literature and ability to apply the information to improve internal processes and/or establish new procedures/technologies.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and relevant scientific software, including and graphing/statistical analysis tools is expected.
- The candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with monoclonal antibody heavy and light chain cloning and sequencing preferred.
- Experience with transient transfection preferred.
Sitting, standing, walking, light lifting (NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Travel to regional, national meetings/trainings, etc.
Adherence to safe work practices and procedures required. Other Job Details
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral BonusPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development