Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. You will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.
As a Senior Associate Scientist you will perform downstream development within the Gene Therapy Process Development organization. You will be responsible for the planning and execution of experiments to design and optimize manufacturing processes for gene therapy recombinant AAV production.What You Will Achieve
As a Senior Associate Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. You will help Pfizer develop new and improved processes used in the research and development of our drugs within the Gene Therapy Process Development organization . Your innovative mindset will help us develop economical, efficient, and safe manufacturing processes for experimental and active drug materials.
With your knowledge in the discipline, you will be an active team member performing bench scale purification development for Pfizer's Gene Therapy programs. You will use your scientific judgment and innovation to achieve a solution within standard practices and procedures. Your ability to plan will help in preparing short-term work activities on projects. This position will join a larger team of scientists across multiple sites focused on advancing Pfizer's gene therapy programs. You will be a key member of the Gene Therapy Process Development team thatsupports the development of gene therapy products. How You Will Achieve It
- Utilize knowledge of lab purification including harvest, chromatography and UFDF equipment.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Take the initiative to solve scientific problems and contribute to their resolution.Work in a fast-paced team environment with changing priorities.
- Support laboratory activities by monitoring lab equipment and maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
- Summarize, evaluate the study results, develop and test new hypotheses to improve the fundamental understanding of recovery and purification processes.
- Prepare internal reviewed technical reports and contribute to internal/ external publications as appropriate.
- Support process validation, quality by design, regulatory approaches, and quality systems.
- BS degree with 2-4 years of experience or Master's degree with 0-2 years of experience with degree in a biological or engineering discipline (Biotechnology, Chemistry/Biochemistry, Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, or equivalent)
- Experience in recombinant protein/biomolecule purification process development, technology transfer and/or bioprocess manufacturing is required.
- Demonstrated ability to drive for results and generate innovative solutions with minimum supervision.
- Diverse work experience recovering recombinant proteins/biomolecules from mammalian and/or microbial/yeast cultures.
- Experience with protein chemistry, protein analytics, and bioprocess technology is required.
- Applicants should beself-motivated, organized, and capable of working independently and in a collaborative environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in transferring Biotherapeutic processes to pilot plants or manufacturing organizations, and knowledge of data acquisition and controls systems in these environments is a plus.
- Strong analytical and computer skills are desirable.
- Sound understanding of statistical experimental design and analysis is a benefit.
- Strong working knowledge of drug development process for progression of a biological candidate.
Position requires periods of standing, sitting, or walking.
Ability to perform mathematical calculations. NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Position will require occasional off shift work in small scale process development and manufacturing support. Occasional travel to vendor, Pfizer or contract manufacturing/research sites may be required. Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development