Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.Role Summary
This is a laboratory-based position within the Vaccine Research and Development - Analytical GLP laboratory group. The candidate will perform routine sample testing and assay verification and qualification studies in support of early vaccine development and in support of GLP toxicology studies. Assays are primarily based on standard analytical separation (e.g., HPLC, SEC, CE, IEX, etc.) and spectroscopic (e.g., DLS, UV-VIS, fluorescence, etc.) techniques. How You Will Achieve It
- Provide lab-based assay qualification support under GLP. The candidate should be familiar with the ICH guidelines for method qualification. The individual will design, plan, and execute assay development, qualification and transfer studies with guidance to support the release, stability and characterization testing of early vaccine candidates.
- Perform routine and non-routine sample analysis support for in-process, formulation development, and final vaccine candidates.
- Document experiments, analyze data, and provide conclusions obtained from assay development/ qualification and sample testing experiments.
- Where applicable, perform job responsibilities in compliance with GLP requirements
- Contribute to drafting laboratory methods and reports
- Collaborate with other colleagues within the analytical group to support completion of assay development and qualification tasks as needed.
- The individual is expected to contribute and participate in general laboratory maintenance activities (such as maintenance of equipment, managing laboratory waste).
- BS or MS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related discipline with at least at least 6 (BS) or 4 (MS) years of relevant work experience is required.
- Experience and proficiency in separation-based analytical techniques (HPLC-UV, HPLC-CAD, HPLC-FLD, and CE), and bioassays (PCR-based techniques such as RT-PCR and qPCR, Slot Blot, ELISA, and nephelometry) is preferred.
- Demonstrate technical skills and scientific expertise in analytical method development and troubleshooting.
- Experience with analyzing lipids, lipid nanoparticles and liposomes is a plus.
- Motivated, detail-oriented, with good laboratory skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Standard laboratory conditions - sitting, standing, primarily lab based
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and ability to perform complex data analysis
40 hours per week. OTHER JOB DETAILS
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development