The incumbent is responsible for supporting the preclinical evaluation and early clinical development of candidate viral vaccines. The incumbent will perform various assays to monitor the immune responses elicited by vaccine candidates. This position will also be responsible for maintaining cell lines, weekly processing of red blood cells, and preparing samples for testing. The incumbent will assist with molecular work to generate DNA constructs for RNA and reverse genetic virus stocks. Work is to be done in a compliant manner according to relevant SOP guidelines and cGLP and/or cGMP guidelines where appropriate. The incumbent will be part of a dynamic team and should possess a strong work ethic and collaborative spirit.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze immune responses to vaccine candidates using techniques that include (but are not limited to) cell culture, hemagglutination inhibition assays, neutralization assays, ELISAs and Luminex assay.
- Perform molecular techniques that include (but are not limited to) PCR, RT-PCR, cloning, and sequence.
- Independently interpret and summarize experimental data. Present experimental results at group meetings.
- Generate and characterize reagents used to perform necessary assays and support maintenance of laboratory supplies.
- Maintain laboratory notebooks in compliance with the Pfizer Laboratory Notebook Policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Satisfactorily complete all safety training in conformance with Departmental requirements.
- Where applicable, performs job responsibilities in compliance with cGMP/GLP and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of experience in cell culture and cell based assays.
- Ability to use appropriate software to perform analysis of data.
- Basic laboratory skills in the area of quantitative-PCR, molecular biology, western blotting, biochemical assays and tissue processing.
- Experience with experimental design and the interpretation of results.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with personal computers, including word processing, Excel, PowerPoint and relevant scientific software.
- Hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture and flow cytometry.
- Drug discovery experience.
Other Job Details:
- Basic laboratory training in aseptic technique is essential.
- Ability to work with infectious agents safely.
- The capacity to work effectively in highly visible research programs with time-constrained milestones.
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Eligible for employee referral programs: YES
- Eligible for relocation support: YES
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development