Job DescriptionFORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant institution of the University System of Georgia, invites applications for the position of Assistant or Associate Professor of Veterinary Science for the College of Agriculture, Family Sciences and Technology Department of Veterinary Science and Public Health.
Fort Valley State University, the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students. The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its 1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public university in area. JOB SUMMARY:
The Assistant/Associate Professor is a full-time, 12-month, tenure track position in the Department of Veterinary Science and Public Health. The Assistant/Associate Professor will teach undergraduate level courses related to Veterinary Sciences as needed by the Department. The Assistant/Associate Professor will also develop collaborations with faculty in the Department, College, and University as well as assist with departmental activities and initiatives.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach undergraduate level courses;
- Provide didactic and clinical instruction in radiology, laboratory and biomedical procedures, large and small animal diseases Veterinary Technology programs;
- Provide veterinary care for in-house animals;
- Participate with student recruitment;
- Participate in research and extension activities;
- Advise students in the major;
- Participate in continuous assessment of program-level and student learning outcomes;
- Provide service to the University and professional organizations; and
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or equivalent degree.
- Eligibility for licensure to practice veterinary medicine in the State of Georgia.
- Three years of experience in small animal practice.
- Working knowledge of veterinary hospital software.
- Ability to successfully pass a background check.
- Prior experience in large animal, molecular laboratory and teaching.
- Post-DVM degree.
- Potential for research and grantsmanship.
- Global teaching experience in the veterinary field to include colleges of veterinary medicine.
- Demonstrated success in research and scholarly activities.
This position is opened until filled. The finalists will be required to submit to background investigation consistent with the policy of the University System of Georgia. Additional information about FVSU is available at http://www.fvsu.edu/
This position starts January 15, 2021. For full consideration, all required documents must be submitted. The reviewing and interviewing of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The application packet must include the following:
- A letter of interest that addresses the responsibilities and qualifications of the position;
- Current curriculum vitae;
- Undergraduate and graduate transcripts;
- At least five references with full contact information including emails. (References will not be contacted without consent from applicants);
- Additional information will be requested upon receipt of application.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact FVSU's Office of Human Resources at email@example.com or (478)825-6301.
Fort Valley State University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate against applicants, students or employees on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or marital or veteran status. Job Posted by ApplicantPro