Job DescriptionJob Description
Sanford Federal, Inc. (Sanford Federal) headquartered in Stafford, VA., is a premier, economically disadvantaged woman-owned Small Business that provides federal professional services, primarily engaged in providing advanced information technology, cyber security, management systems support, as well as business and infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers of technology solutions to the United States government. Our mission is to provide superior-quality, innovative, information technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve, and protect the American people.
Job Title: Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS).
Based at: Temple, TX.Job Summary:
Sanford Federal is looking for an experienced, qualified and capable Clinical Laboratory Scientist
who will be performing a variety of clinical laboratory testing under the direction of the Chief Technologist, Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Service (P&LMS).
- Requirements: The Candidate must meet the following requirements :
- Must have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Technology/Clinical Laboratory Science or other Biological Science.
- Technologist must have Clinical Laboratory Science generalist certification from a nationally recognized accrediting agency (ASCP, NCA, AMT etc.)
- Must possess comprehensive knowledge of laboratory quality control, quality assurance procedures, and principles of performance improvement providing for sound independent work.
- Must possess comprehensive knowledge of professional Clinical Laboratory Science principles, practices, concepts, and theories providing for sound.
- Shall have recent (within 12 months) experience or proof of competency in Clinical Chemistry and/or Clinical Hematology.
- Shall have a minimum of 5 years of experience in Clinical Chemistry and/or Clinical Hematology.
- Veterans Affairs (VA) experience is preferred.
Experience on the following analyzers is preferred:
- Sysmex XN3100 Hematology Analyzer & Slide Maker Stainer
- Sysmex Cellavision Digital Imaging
- Diagnostica STA-R Max Coagulation Analyzer
- Beckman Iris Velocity & IQ Select Urinalysis Analyzer
- Beckman Coulter AU5800 Chemistry Analyzer
- Beckman Coulter DxI800 Immunoassay Analyzer
- Beckman Coulter Power Express Automation Line
- Abbott Architect i2000
- Contractor personnel must be American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or American Medical Technologists (AMT) certified as a Medical Technologist/Clinical Laboratory Scientist.
- Shall possess basic proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Tasks: The candidate will be responsible for a variety of common tasks including :
Why Sanford Federal?
- Will perform a broad range of laboratory procedures, including advanced and complex laboratory procedures. Must be able to recognize deviation from expected results and use scientific principles to analyze and correct problems.
- Evaluate and solve problems related to collection and processing of biological specimens for analysis accounting for physiologic processes and requirements.
- Maintain and document the optimal functioning of laboratory equipment. Use, calibrate, and identify malfunctions; repair and perform preventive maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Troubleshoot issues with laboratory instruments and resolve problems. Diagnose deviations in test performance due to instrument malfunction
- Perform and document quality control and quality assurance activities and corrective actions related to test performance using statistical principles and theories of performance improvement.
- Identify discrepancies, solve problems and present solutions.
- Answer inquiries regarding test results, methodology, test specificity, test sensitivity, and specific factors which influence test results. Interpret results and suggest follow-up test selection or procedures.
You can take pride in working for a company dedicated to serving our government by providing the best, most cost-effective solutions for the US Government. Our work helps the US Government secure our nation, support the efforts of our military and intelligence communities, and provide lifesaving medical services to our soldiers, vets, and their families.
Please submit your most up-to-date resume. Please be sure to highlight your relevant experience.
Sanford Federal is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Powered by JazzHR