As a Data Science Lecturer, you will be responsible for creating instructional materials and delivering lectures to remotely support our Data Science students throughout their programs. Lecturers teach lessons to multiple cohorts of students, collaborating closely with each cohort's dedicated Instructor to provide cohesive and transformational learning experiences. This position will have Eastern time zone hours, with occasional weekend and evening activities. There may be occasional travel once in-person operations resume.
Inspire our community of learners:
- Develop and give lectures that are engaging and informative
- Contribute to our repository of instructional materials, including videos for self-paced learning
- Use feedback from students and staff to continuously improve your teaching
- Exemplify Flatiron School's values in your work: Make No Little Plans, Pursue Mastery, Work Together, Radiate Positivity, Be Scrappy, and Nurture Difference
Collaborate with colleagues to continuously improve our program:
- Contribute to various data science projects, including curriculum development, marketing and admissions activities, and career services events
- Inform decisions about what new resources and program improvements to prioritize to best enhance the student experiences
- Provide professional development and inform hiring decisions for other Data Science teachers
- Represent Flatiron School at conferences or other external events
Expected Compensation Range:
- At least 3 years of experience as a data professional (e.g. Data Engineer, Scientist, or Analyst)
- Formal or informal experience with teaching and developing instructional materials (e.g. conference talks, workshops)
- Ability to deliver engaging and informative data science lectures virtually
- Strong knowledge of Data Science from data manipulation to Deep Learning, including knowledge of SQL, Excel, Python, and Tableau
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities at once
- Strong communication skills and ability to build trust with students
- Ability to work cross-functionally with Curriculum Writers, Cohort Instructors, and others across Flatiron School
For benefits information, visit https://flatironschool.com/careers/.
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School teaches passionate, creative people how to launch careers in tech. We've been teaching since 2012, and now offer programs in software engineering, data science, and cybersecurity to bring our successful curriculum to more students. We are more than just a school - we are a team of mission-driven individuals trying to align education with reality. Since our inception in 2012, we've provided thousands of students with skills, community, and an immersive outcomes-driven program. To achieve these outcomes, we've never let ourselves stop growing - we've constantly iterated on our curriculum, evolved our teaching techniques, and created technology to improve our students' learning experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Commitment
Flatiron School provides equal employment opportunity ("EEO") to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, relationship or association with a protected veteran, military status or any other legally protected characteristic. This includes recruiting, hiring, working conditions, benefits, and other employment matters such as pay, promotion, demotion, transfer, termination, and reduction in force. It is the policy of Flatiron School to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment and to ensure equal opportunity in all terms and conditions of employment or potential employment. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principle of equal employment opportunity.
Flatiron School values and encourages diversity and solicits applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, change of sex or transgender status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Flatiron School is committed to working with people from all walks of life. If you require a reasonable accommodation in any part of the employment process, please contact people @ flatironschool.com