This unit performs general and therapeutic GI procedures, pulmonary procedures, pre and post procedural care, as well as pre-procedure phone calls.
In this role you will admit and recover endoscopy center patients, circulate and assist physicians during GI and pulmonary procedures, and complete pre-anesthesia assessment phone calls. Along with the procedure room team, you will travel to the ICU to perform bedside procedures as needed. As a nurse in the endoscopy center you will be trained on our infection prevention and scope reprocessing procedures.
This is a great opportunity if you are looking for a fast-paced environment that will provide variety each day. We are looking for nurses who enjoy working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams, patient centered, and eager to learn.
No weekends, no holidays, with on call requirement on a rotating basis.
This position is scheduled 7:30 am until 6:00 pm - 4 - 10Hour Shifts.
GI or procedural nursing experience is not required. We are willing to train.
* The Registered Nurse in the Digestive Disease/GI Department at Saint Luke's Hospital functions independently and accountable for utilizing the nursing process.
* Coordinates the care for a group of endoscopy and/or bronchoscopy patients with the Multidisciplinary Team.
* Circulate and assist physicians during GI and pulmonary procedures
* Care for patients in pre-op and recovery phases of care
* Delegates tasks appropriately. Identifies hospital resources.
* Serves as a clinical resource for new employees.
* Demonstrates positive formal or informal leadership within endoscopy unit or department.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support - American Heart Association or Red Cross, Registered Nurse - Various
Bachelor's Degree: Nursing (Required)
Day (United States of America)
The best place to get care. The best place to give care. Saint Luke's 12,000 employees strive toward that vision every day. Our employees are proud to work for the only faith-based, nonprofit, locally owned health system in Kansas City. Joining Saint Luke's means joining a team of exceptional professionals who strive for excellence in patient care. Do the best work of your career within a highly diverse and inclusive workspace where all voices matter.
Join the Kansas City region's premiere provider of health services. Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire only non-tobacco users.
Effective November 1st, 2021, full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for all Saint Luke's Health System employees unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.