UP Professional and Support
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 09
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible to facilitate and integrate HR processes, practices and to provide advice and services to Service Coordinators and clients in the Faculty Natural and Agricultural Sciences (NAS) in line with the strategy of the University.
The Senior Human Resources Officer will be responsible to:
- Attend to, resolve and provide advice on HR Administrative Queries;
- Processing payroll transactions on the Human Capital Management System (Peoplesoft) including new appointments, contract extensions, claims and overtime, annual increases (externally funded appointments), performance bonuses (externally funded appointments); merit increases, benefits, termination, allowances, promotions, demotions and retirements;
- Probation administration;
- Job evaluation outcome administration;
- Employee relations support;
- Recruitment and selection;
- Onboarding of new staff;
- Exit management.
The incumbents will be required to take responsibility for their own performance and development in collaboration with the Service Coordinator.
- A three-year Diploma in Human Resource Management or related field;
- Three years' experience as a Generalist in Human Resources;
- Three years' experience with end-to-end support in all areas of HR including Specialist Services (ER, Rem and Ben, Performance Management, Training and Development).
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Knowledge of working with diverse culture and composition;
- Computer skills in MS Office suite;
- Experience on HR system e.g. Peoplesoft, SAP, VIP;
- Business writing and communication skills;
- Report writing;
- Attention to details;
- Good planning and prioritising skills;
- Good interpersonal skills and relationship management skills;
- Self-driven and disciplined;
- High-level professionalism.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- A three-year Degree in Human Resources or related field;
- Five years' experience as a Generalist in Human Resources;
- Work experience in higher education; and
- Exposure to HR system software (PeopleSoft).
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent's level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online via the apply online button below and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 30 November 2021
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Tebogo Setshedi, Tel: (012) 420-5261 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for application-related enquiries and Nadia Smith Tel: (012) 420 5056 or Email email@example.com for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 December 2021, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.