Saint Luke's Health System is seeking a biostatistician for our Cardiometabolic Research program. This position will work alongside researchers, clinicians, other biostatisticians, and data management staff to support a variety of research studies focused on the treatment and outcomes of patients with cardiometabolic diseases. The position will assist with the design and operation of clinical trials, observational research studies and quality improvement initiatives, support the development of grant proposals, work actively with numerous data sources, perform a wide variety of statistical analyses, co-author publications and provide statistical consultation. This position will play a key role in ensuring the validity of data and analyses from beginning to end of a project.
Shift Details: Monday-Friday, 8 AM-4:30 PM.
This position will have a hybrid work model with both in-person and remote days.
* Provide statistical support for research and operational activities.
* Consult and collaborate with researchers on design, planning and analysis of research studies.
* Perform a variety of biostatistical analyses.
* Prepare, maintain and document analysis data sets. Determine and develop appropriate tools for managing data.
* Develop specifications for analysis files, consistency checks, tables and figures.
* Interact directly with sponsors, investigators, etc. on study design, data and analytic issues.
* Organize and interpret analytic results and collaborate on preparation of abstracts, manuscripts and associated presentations at national and international meetings.
* Keep current with relevant statistical methodologies.
* Participate in seminars, journal clubs and collaborate on methodologic developments with other biostatistics staff.
We are seeking an experienced professional with a solid understanding of statistical theory and practice, preferably with experience in biostatistics, and exceptional statistical programming skills using SAS, R, SQL, etc. Strong communication skills and the ability to explain technical analyses to non-technical peers is essential, in order to create results that researchers can understand and use. This position often involves working within tight deadlines and requires flexibility as priorities between and within studies can fluctuate over time. The ideal candidate will be a problem solver and active learner, adept at understanding the research questions and contexts at hand, and continuously seeking valid and efficient ways to analyze and interpret data. If you are passionate about research and being part of a team innovating patient care, working with leading technology and improving patient outcomes, this is the right position for you.
Why Saint Luke's?:
* Opportunity to work on nationally recognized medical research studies
* Hybrid remote and in-person model
* Saint Luke's offers competitive salaries and benefits packages to all of their employees, click here to find out more.
* We believe in creating a collaborative environment where all voices are heard.
* We are here for you and will support you in achieving your goals.
* We are dedicated to innovation and always looking for ways to improve.
Master's Degree (Required)
Day (United States of America)
The best place to get care. The best place to give care. Saint Luke's 12,000 employees strive toward that vision every day. Our employees are proud to work for the only faith-based, nonprofit, locally owned health system in Kansas City. Joining Saint Luke's means joining a team of exceptional professionals who strive for excellence in patient care. Do the best work of your career within a highly diverse and inclusive workspace where all voices matter.
Join the Kansas City region's premiere provider of health services. Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire only non-tobacco users.
Effective November 1st, 2021, full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for all Saint Luke's Health System employees unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.