Requisition Number:33710Location: Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:FacultySchedule:Full-TimeDate Posted:24-Sep-2021[ Close All ]()Job SummaryThe Department of *Electrical, Computer & Energy Engineering (ECEE)* at the University of Colorado Boulder seeks outstanding candidates for a *Tenure-Track Faculty* position in any of the areas of:
* Electromagnetics (non-linear electrodynamics; engineered materials; applied electromagnetic modeling and design; wave analysis and scattering, electromagnetic interference);
* Theory, design, and metrology of active and passive radio-frequency (RF), microwave, and millimeter-wave components, circuits and systems;
* Reconfigurable filters, technologies, and integration strategies with other RF components;
* Antennas and phased arrays all-encompassing monolithic and hybrid integration of active and passive components and integrated circuits (ICs), multi-physics design inclusive of thermal management, analog and digital front and back-ends, calibration and measurements; and
* Interdisciplinary RF applications inclusive of spectrum science, national defense, medical sensing and imaging, industrial processes, radar, remote sensing, additive manufacturing, IoT, and next generation satellite communications.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreFor more information about the Department of Electrical, Computer and Energy Engineering, please visit: [http://www.colorado.edu/ecee/](http://www.colorado.edu/ecee/). For more information about CEAS, please visit: [http://www.colorado.edu/engineering/](http://www.colorado.edu/engineering/). Applicants can find guidance for writing their research, teaching, and diversity statements at [https://www.colorado.edu/engineering/support-faculty-applicants](https://www.colorado.edu/engineering/support-faculty-applicants)What Your Key Responsibilities Will BeCandidates should have demonstrated potential for excellence in research in the theory and applications of these disciplines. Synergistic and interdisciplinary research that cuts across them and beyond is a plus. Excellent candidates at the early Associate professor level with tenure will also be considered.
The selected candidate will be expected to engage in undergraduate and graduate teaching, contribute professional service, and develop vigorous, externally funded research programs in their technical areas. Applicants should describe their plans to develop a recognized research program based on scholarly work in their particular field, their ideas for interdisciplinary collaboration, their experience and interests in teaching undergraduate and graduate students, and their future plans for inspiring diverse students.What You Should Know
* Start date for this position is August 2022.
* As part of the University of Colorado Boulder's deep commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion, the campus has implemented a [reference check pilot program](https://www.colorado.edu/hr/hiring/faculty/faculty-reference-check-pilot-program) with respect to final candidates for tenured faculty appointments. The reference check pilot program is intended to allow CU Boulder to collect and review information about a candidate's conduct at their previous institutions, specifically conduct related to sexual misconduct, harassment, and/or discrimination - before making hiring decisions. All final candidates for tenured faculty appointments are required to complete an Authorization to Release Information.
What We Can OfferThe salary range for this position is $90,000 - $160,000 annually, depending on faculty rank. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and based on the University of Colorado pay scale.BenefitsThe University of Colorado offers excellent [benefits](https://www.colorado.edu/jobs/benefits), including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the [University of Colorado Boulder](https://www.colorado.edu/about).Be StatementsBe engaged. Be impactful. Be Boulder.What We RequireCandidates must have earned a Ph.D. or equivalent experience with research and publishing or expect to have completed their Ph.D. at the time of starting a faculty appointment, in a field appropriate to their tenure home department or program.What You Will Need
* A strong commitment to interdisciplinary research and teaching.
* Sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural, political, and geographical differences, with ability to work well with faculty, staff, and students from diverse backgrounds and skill levels.
* Evidence of diversity and inclusion skills in your research/creative/professional, teaching, and service activities.
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit *one combined PDF file* containing the following:
* Cover letter stating your research areas (1 page).
* Names and contact information for 3 to 5 references who will be contacted immediately upon applying.
* Additionally, during the application process you will need to enter contact information for three references who will be contacted to provide letters of recommendation and additional materials, if needed, as the search progresses. These can be the same individuals as above.
* Statements describing your goals related to teaching, research and diversity (each 2-3 pages long).
The position will remain open until filled, though for full consideration for the position please apply no later than *November 15, 2021*.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through [CU Boulder Jobs](http://jobs.colorado.edu).
The University of Colorado does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, pregnancy, disability, creed, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, political affiliation, or political philosophy. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Click here for a list of [ADA and Title IX coordinators](https://www.colorado.edu/oiec/).Posting Contact Information*Posting Contact Name:* Prof. Dejan S. Filipovic*Posting Contact Email:* firstname.lastname@example.org