*Job location: *Main Campus
*Employment Type:* Full-time
*Posted data:* 2021-11-05
*Job Summary*The Department of Economics & Finance in Florida Gulf Coast University's Lutgert College of Business seeks qualified applicants at the Assistant Professor level. The ideal candidate will have a Ph.D. in Economics with an active research agenda and an excellent teaching record. The teaching load for the position will be three classes per semester. Salary will be competitive with other AACSB International Schools.
The successful candidate will have an active research agenda with the goal of publishing in high quality peer-reviewed outlets, maintain classification as Scholarly Academic under the LCOB faculty guidelines, effectively teach six courses per year, and engage in service activities consistent with the college and university requirements.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview.
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our University stronger. The University community recognizes the importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the institution.
We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position as we believe that our University will grow and move forward through a commitment of equality for all.*Job Description**Essential Duties*
Teach up to (4) classes a semester, conducts scholarly activities consistent with the LCOB guidelines for faculty classification as Scholarly Academic and engage in service activities as required.
*Additional Job Description**Required Qualifications*
* Ph.D. in Economics or a closely related field from an accredited institution
* Established research stream (or agenda) resulting in peer reviewed publications that would allow the faculty member to be classified as Scholarly Academic under the LCOB faculty guidelines.
* Experience in teaching a variety of economics classes in an AACSB International accredited business school.
* Ability and eagerness to teach
*Knowledge, Skills & Abilities*
* Experience or commitment to the use of technology in distance learning & university teaching. Interest in collaborating both within and outside the University in the development and delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning. Must value continued scholarship and service to the school and university.
* Ability to thrive in an organization that values the diversity of its student body and workforce and actively promotes equity and inclusion.
*Special Instructions to Applicants*
Appointment will be made on a 9-month semester basis available August 2022.
Because applications and materials are subject to public review and retention under Florida's Public Records Law, please DO NOT send examples of your project/scholarship unless requested to do so. Therefore all submitted materials including articles, disks, slides, books, etc., become the property of FGCU and CANNOT BE RETURNED. As applicable, finalists will be notified of the need to submit specific additional materials. Such materials will become the property of FGCU.
Under Florida's Public Records law, applications will be available for public review upon request.
*Required Application Materials:*
* Unofficial Transcripts
* Statement of Teaching Philosophy
* Cover Letter
* Curriculum Vitae
* Statement of experience in research or research agenda
* Five (5) Professional References
*Salary commensurate with education and experience.*
*The position is listed as "open until filled", however applications received by December 1, 2021 will receive priority consideration.*