*University of California Irvine
Applications are invited for a Junior Specialist - Research Assistant position at the University of California, Irvine (UCI), Department of Psychological Science. The Research Assistant will work under the supervision of Dr. Jason Schiffman, and join a lab dedicated to producing meaningful research and services surrounding clinical high-risk (CHR) for psychosis, with an emphasis on inclusivity and addressing underserved populations. This position is full-time for those with a strong interest in clinical psychology and psychosis research, and is ideal for someone interested in applying for graduate school in the next few years.
The Research Assistant position involves coordinating large-scale, multi-site studies of psychosis risk. For more information about the lab's current research initiatives, please visit our website: [https://sites.uci.edu/leaps/prevent-lab-studies/](https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2639053&targetURL=https://sites.uci.edu/leaps/prevent-lab-studies/)
Primary activities for the Research Assistant will include:
* Recruiting and scheduling research participants
* Managing study databases and project document organization
* Clinical data collection including semi-structured clinical interviews, standardized assessments, and cognitive tasks
* Biomarker data collection including biosamples, EEG data, and MRI data
* Reporting to funding bodies and assisting in Institutional Review Board (IRB) submissions
* Managing meeting logistics and coordinating with project collaborators
* Contributing to other daily lab operations and logistics as needed (e.g., supervising undergraduate research assistants, purchasing orders for lab materials, and other lab and study-related administrative responsibilities)
In addition to these experiences, the Research Assistant will also get Yale-certified training to administer the Structured Interview for Psychosis-Risk Syndromes (SIPS), the gold-standard assessment of clinical high-risk experiences or symptoms. There will likely be publication and presentation experiences available, as well as other opportunities for professional development and mentorship.
Instructions for Applying:
* Interested candidates should submit a resume/CV, an Inclusive Excellence Activities Statement ([https://ap.uci.edu/faculty/guidance/ieactivities/](https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2639053&targetURL=https://ap.uci.edu/faculty/guidance/ieactivities/)), and a cover letter.
* Resumes or CVs should include overall undergraduate GPA, Psychology or related field GPA (if applicable), and relevant coursework.
* The cover letter should detail experience with items listed under preferred qualifications below (if applicable), relevant professional and/or research experience, and career goals and interests.
* B.A, B.S., or equivalent in psychology, cognitive science, neuroscience, or related field (earned or anticipated by December 2021)
* Excellent organization, communication (written and oral), and interpersonal skills
* Strong interest in psychosis, clinical high-risk, early intervention, or related research
The following qualifications, skills, and experiences are preferred but not required. If you feel you possess some of the below qualifications, please include in your cover letter.
* At least 1 year of relevant experience (e.g., full-time research position in a lab)
* Experience with research participant recruitment (e.g., posting study ads, connecting with community-based organizations, contacting potential participants)
* Experience working directly with research participants, preferably clinical populations
* Experience with clinical interviewing (e.g., SCID-5, KSADS, SIPS, CAARMS)
* Experience using survey, data management, or statistical software (e.g., Qualtrics, REDCap, SPSS, R)
* Experience managing large-scale studies
* Ideally, applicants will have interest in a career in psychology research, or a related field
*To apply, visit [https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF07232](https://apptrkr.com/2639053)*
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
[Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency](https://www.jobelephant.com/)