*Category:*: Adjunct Faculty (Pool)
*Department:*: Nichols School of Professional Studies
*Locations:*: FORT MYERS, FL
*Posted:*: Mar 8, 2021
*Closes:*: Open Until Filled
*Position ID:*: 128821
About Hodges University:
Hodges University is a private, nonprofit, SACS accredited university located in southwest Florida that primarily serves adult students. Our mission is to prepare students to leverage higher learning in their personal, professional, and civic endeavors.
At Hodges University, we are committed to hiring only the best faculty and staff to support our students on their paths to success. If you have a passion for helping others achieve their goals, then we want you on our team.
* Teach assigned classes under the supervision of the Program Director (or designee).
* Aide students in fulfilling their maximum potential in mastering course content.
* Assess student learning outcomes.
* Maintain a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in his/her regular teaching field.
* Continue professional development.
* Utilize current technology in the performance of job duties.
* Maintain standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position.
* Assist with articulation and curriculum development and review.
* Assume other responsibilities as assigned by the Program Director.
* Fulfill other duties and responsibilities of an adjunct faculty member as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
* A Master's degree in the field of instruction from an accredited institution is required; a Ph.D. is preferred in most cases.
* Experience with the development and delivery of online coursework.
* Teaching experience using traditional, hybrid, and/or online methodologies.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Strong organizational, computer, and problem-solving skills.
* Official copies of college transcripts must be on file by the appointment date for the successful candidate selected.
Hodges University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected characteristics under the law in its hiring practices. All offers of employment are conditioned on the successful completion of a background check and a drug test.
Hodges Annual Security Report (Clery Act Information and Policy) and Crime Stats can be found on the Consumer Information Page. The security report describes Hodges Annual Security Plan and the Crime Stats report lists the number and types of crimes committed on or near campus each year.
To the extent the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") is applicable to me, I hereby consent to the processing of my Personal Data as defined by the GDPR for the purposes outlined and provided for in Hodges' policies, as amended from time to time. I understand that in certain circumstances, I have the right to object to the processing of my Personal Data. I further understand that I have the right to request (1) access to my Personal Data; (2) rectification of mistakes or errors and/or erasure of my Personal Data; (3) that Hodges restrict processing of my Personal Data; and (4) that Hodges provide my Personal Data upon request in a portable format.
Applicants should include a cover letter clearly indicating the School and Program to which they are applying, a resume with three professional references, and copies of unofficial transcripts. The vacancy pool will remain open and applicants will be contacted as the need for an adjunct instructor arises.