*Job location: *Main Campus
*Employment Type:* Full-time
*Posted data:* 2021-09-20
*Job Summary*As an Associate Professor in Educational Leadership, the successful candidate will teach doctoral and master level courses, for both Pk-12 and higher education concentrations, will be involved in course and curriculum development, will work effectively with diverse populations of students, colleagues, and members of the community, and will serve on Ed.D. dissertation committees.
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All faculty are expected to be excellent teachers; be responsive to changing professional needs; be committed to innovative delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning; be committed to effective use of technology including eLearning and accelerated instructional programs; produce peer reviewed scholarship; and provide service to the College, University, and community. Teaching assignments may be on the main campus or at off-campus sites within our region.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview.
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our University stronger. The University community recognizes the importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the institution.
We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position as we believe that our University will grow and move forward through a commitment of equality for all.*Job Description*Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
* Teaches advanced courses in which students learn and apply research skills in service of schools, colleges and universities, educational related agencies, and/or non-profit agencies.
* Has a 3-3 course load and serves on dissertation committees.
* Works collegially and actively with other department faculty and staff on program/curriculum development and program assessment.
* Participates in candidate recruitment, information sessions, interviews, and decision-making.
* Holds regularly published office hours.
* Participates in department, College of Education, and university activities, meetings, and committees.
* Serves on department, college, and university committees, and attends general academic meetings, commencements, and other special events.
* Performs other duties as assigned
*Additional Job Description**Required Qualifications*
* Earned doctorate (Ph.D. or Ed.D.) in Educational Leadership or closely related field from a regionally accredited institution.
* Established record of published scholarship and evidence of quality teaching and meaningful service (in line with a faculty member at the associate professor rank).
* Evidence of a successful record of teaching diverse students, including on-going efforts to improve pedagogy and student outcomes, at the master's and doctoral levels.
* Demonstrated fluency of the literature and research in both K-12 and higher education educational leadership.
* Experience with education finance, of organizational leadership, and of foundations of education (e.g., the history and philosophy of education), in both Pk-12 and higher education.
*Knowledge, Skills & Abilities*
* Must value continued scholarship and service to the college, university, community, and profession.
* Experience or commitment to the use of technology in eLearning & university teaching. Interest in collaborating both within and outside the University in the development and delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning.
* Ability to teach in multiple delivery modalities (i.e., face-to-face, hybrid, blendflex, and online) and in accelerated course delivery serving educational leadership. Previous experience teaching at the graduate level - the doctoral level in particular.
*Special Instructions to Applicants*
Appointments will be made at a faculty rank commensurate with the candidate's experience on a 9-month continuing multi-year appointment basis available in Spring 2022.
Because applications and materials are subject to public review and retention under Florida's Public Records Law, please DO NOT send examples of your project/scholarship unless requested to do so. Therefore all submitted materials including articles, disks, slides, books, etc., become the property of FGCU and CANNOT BE RETURNED. As applicable, finalists will be notified of the need to submit specific additional materials. Such materials will become the property of FGCU.
Under Florida's Public Records law, applications will be available for public review upon request.
*The position is listed as "open until filled", however applications received by November 30, 2021 will receive priority consideration.*
*Salary commensurate with education and experience. *